bad news about me

laughingllama75

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know I will be out of commision for a few weeks. had a bad fall from my horse thursday, he got stung by bees and I got dumped. After 2 seizures in the parking lot, I got airlifted to Boston (brigham and womens hosp.) with sever brain injusy and road rash over 60% of my body, also a dilocated hip/
I am now sprung from the hosp. but I was told by my neurosurgeon that I can no longer ride horses, next fall will kill me or worse. I cant tell you how I have cried over this, feels like the end of my life. I have been on the back of a horse since I was 3, over 33 years.
I am doing OK, hubby is doing chores along with the neighbor kid. the dogs are great, wonderful bed warmers and tear-lickers. :(
I need to seell my horse, only had him 3 months. took almost 3 years to find him, just what I wanted in a ranch horse. Life is so not fair sometimes.
I will write more as I can, this took about 25 minutes to tyope out. I am sleeping and crying right now, I try to check emails but it will be a while before I can respond. Just wanted to let everone know.
]Also, just to let everyone know, I DO NOT blame my horse, he got it bad too. I love that guy, and would get back on in a minute if I could. :hit
Alicia

Oh yes, for the first couple days, I thought it was 1999. :(

FunnyFarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
:hugs So sorry to hear, wishing you a speedy recovery physically & emotionally.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ll,

I'm so sad to hear this! I wish you and your horse speedy recoveries. :hugs

I know it's to early to do much thinking but, when you're up to it, maybe consider getting a pasture pal horse. I know our local horse shelter has many. They are horses that due to injuries, birth defects, etc. can no longer be ridden. This way you could still be able to have a horse to love and care for and not feel quilty about not being able to ride. Our local shelter gives them away maybe you can find a shelter near you that you can rescue one from.

Kitty

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
so sorry to hear that you can no longer ride.the 1st thing todo is heal an get over your injuries.an dont make a quick descion about your horse.i know how much you are hurting over this.