BantammChick's journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Many goats have areas around the knees without hair, they use their knees on surfaces for many reasons....so, it may just be rubbed off and not a wound.....:)

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No,that is not it,it is on his leg.I know what you mean by the spot on their leg, a lot of my goats have that.This goat in the picture has that.
DSCN5127.JPG

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Last night after I shut the chicken door,I noticed the guineas on top of the coop.I just left them out,I guess they're too old for their cage now. This morning they were there,ready to be fed with the chickens.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
My parents had guineas and a pair of pea fowl many yrs ago and I just love em....so, I am thinking of adding some here. It would be nice if they would stay in a coop at nite, but they sure prefer the limbs on trees. We have some pretty large great horned owls here and losses have to be expected. I have thought about making a hoop-coop for them in hopes the openess would encourage them into using it so they could at least be protected from above from the owls.

BantammChick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A story about my goat,Sicky. He was born early this year,in the icy rain,I think.His mom goat did not take him,so he is a bottle goat.For his first few days,I kept him in the bathroom.Then,when he got older,I put him outside.Then,he got sick again,so I put him in the bathroom again,and the next morning,HE LOCKED HIMSELF IN THE BATHROOM!! I don't really know how he did that! But now,he is weaned and is healthy again!:)
SAM_2697.JPG
DSC08021.JPG