BARN! and NEW PORCH!!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This guy is from New York, talks fast and talks a LOT. We met him at TSC, he works there part time. Nice guy, offered to hep us do anything, if he is off work. He suggested a building to do slaughter in, instead of outside under a tree. Yellow jackets kept buzzing around and it was hot. He used to be a builder, maybe we'll take him up on his offer.

Somebody has been pumping him full of crap. He told me that he wants original chickens. (huh?) he expounded on their virtues, such as longevity, laying just a few eggs a year, that's why they live so long, they don't burn out laying so many eggs. (again, WTH, huh?) AND he knows a guy that raises these original chickens.:lol: Yeah, and I bet that original chicken breeder has some burned out 3 or 4 year old layers that would fit that description. I summoned up my Southern Lady and politely informed him that those original chickens would still eat as much as chickens that lay 5 or 6 a week, so wouldn't it make more sense to feed a chicken that you will get eggs in return? (smiling sweetly-yuck-I could taste all that sweetness in my mouth) Nice guy, really wants to learn homesteading, canning, the whole thing. When I cut the first rooster's throat, he commented, "I may never eat chicken again after this." :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
He came through the experience with flying colors and was thrilled to have learned something hands on as opposed to reading about it. I study, read and learn all the time, so I understand his thirst for knowledge. But nothing takes the place for hands on. I was glad to help. Friends come from all walks of life, he is a well of information in his area of expertise and that is what makes community. People with different areas of abilities who work together make a better world.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today we painted the Feed and tack room doors. Inside and out on one, just the outside on the other. We went to Lowes yesterday and got paint. It is gray with just a touch of blue tint.

b27401ba-bde4-4db8-9cbd-5b4fa80a12e4-jpeg.33183

How does it look next to the old tin?

b893e040-c270-4364-adbd-8210cb4f4a53-jpeg.33184

I painted one side and edges of the door latch pieces.

91b53013-2ded-46f3-abda-10e98ec92641-jpeg.33185

Husband says we should paint the green corner trim so it will match the doors and old tin. I like the used-scrap-look of the green corner trim.

What do y’all think? Green or paint it?

ced8ffe5-b6ba-4cc1-a954-d118b3fb4377-jpeg.33187