Barn camera link with 10 senior does due around Feb 3rd!

nigeriandwarfgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
cindyg said:
Hmm, well have done some quick checking, are you by any chance enrolled in the USDA SFCP and are considered a negligable risk premises? That's the first thing on the list.
Not at this point. I am enrolled through the Minnesota Board of Animal Health as part of the National Scrapie Eradication Program and have a scrapie number which is probably one of the requirements I'm sure.
Do you happen to have a link for the USDA SFCP--what does the SFCP stand for, I'm too tired to google it right now? Maybe I'll check into that and see what it requires.

cindyg

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
nigeriandwarfgoats said:
cindyg said:
Hmm, well have done some quick checking, are you by any chance enrolled in the USDA SFCP and are considered a negligable risk premises? That's the first thing on the list.
Not at this point. I am enrolled through the Minnesota Board of Animal Health as part of the National Scrapie Eradication Program and have a scrapie number which is probably one of the requirements I'm sure.
Do you happen to have a link for the USDA SFCP--what does the SFCP stand for, I'm too tired to google it right now? Maybe I'll check into that and see what it requires.
It's the Scrapie Flock Certification Program, Roll Farms says you have to submit tissue samples or something, meaning you have to kill an animal?! I don't even know what Scrapie is. Anyway, going to investigate more, and nice to know about your enrollment with Board of Animal Health.

Am watching just now as you clean out the loafing area, those kids are unbelievable, anytime you need a chuckle, just tune in here , and watch for a few minutes. So much energy!! You and them. I am hiring a barn cleaner this year, and protecting my back. What did you spread under the straw? Job well done. Also, just btw, I hope someone has supper ready for you, or it's in the slow cooker or something and you'll get to relax after this. Makes me tired just watching!! :)

nigeriandwarfgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I put spread a little layer of lime first, then I put wood shavings that I get for free at a local sawmill and then I put the straw ontop. My floor is rubber belting..my husband works for MNtac/USSteel and we are able to buy the used rubber belting which is about 4 feet wide and comes in a long roll. It makes it easy to to run a shovel over the top for removal of bedding.
Well, of the 19 kids born last week, I'm keeping 9 and all the rest are sold but 1 beautiful moonspotted buckling. I have a large group going to Montana and a few going to Georgia besides the few that will be staying in my state of Minnesota.
Now, I just have to wait for my yearlings to kid..could be up to 12 of them due to kid between Apr-June.

nigeriandwarfgoats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
Look at ALL THOSE KIDS! :ep & :love
Most of them are napping now but watch out when they are awake & bouncing off the walls!! They are hilarious & will have you laughing so hard! I had a lady call the other day from California to tell me that her high bloodpressure must have dropped 30 points from watching the goats crazy antics! I've had others mention that they watch the goats on their work breaks for stress relief & have the whole office laughing and in a good mood. One person mentioned she has severe depression but watching the goats always puts her in a great mood--she ended up buying a few for herself even :)
It's so fun to be able to share how wonderful baby goats are and it makes me so happy to hear that others enjoy watching them!

Jackson62

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Your goats are Beautiful! It is so obvious you enjoy them and take wonderful care of them. I love checking in each day just to make me smile!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you for still having that webcam going!!! Those kids are just so CUTE and their antics so funny!!! When I'm feeling a bit down and need a smile and laugh, I go watch them:)

Jackson62

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I just love the way all the babies sleep in a heap!