Amaggio

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone use Basic H as a de-wormer? I ran across some information today that talked about how you can use it for sheep and cows, even dogs, as a de-wormer. They said 1.5t to a gallon of water every few months. Does anyone know if you can use this for other ruminants like goats or even chickens, I would assume so? Has anyone had success with this cleaner?

I heard you have to buy the original so not the 'Basic H2' or any other hybrid it has to be the original Basic H in the 5 gallon bucket. The picture below is (I believe) an example. According to the website I found the formula for Basic H was made in 1960, can be safely used on any surface as a cleaner, and is (among other things) bio-degradable.

1588818361497.png

It was my first time hearing about this product. I use castile soap on my plants to help with the bug population but have never heard of Basic H. Any thoughts?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've used it before. Sheep don't particularly like the taste of it in their water....not many animals do, as it's concentrated and very bitter. How do I know that? Because I tried it on myself first before I gave it to any of the animals. :sick

I didn't use it for long, so can't report long term results of it. It works on worms due to being a surfactant, which any soap will do....Basic H is just considered a more naturally made soap, though the formula is proprietary. Supposedly made from soy proteins.

messybun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We use Molly’s herbals first a dewormer, it’s totally natural and easier than mixing our own up lol. Pumpkin seeds are amazing for minor deworming. Garlic, fennel, wormwood, cinnamon, and a few other herbs can also work really well but be careful with wormwood in your pregger and nursing does. I have no clue about basic H though, so not exactly your original question, yet if you just want a natural wormer these might give you a start. Free feed salt has also been known to give marked differences in worm and disease reduction in cows but I don’t know if it works the same in sheep.