Bayleaf Meadows

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Then there is Goliath, three weeks old tomorrow, one of 2f Stella's triplets. Also, may be polled.
P3291685.JPG
P3291675.JPG
P3291676.JPG
P3291689.JPG

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today, Scully was on day 148 and her ligaments were gone. I spent most of the day listening or out at the shed. I decided to have dinner and got back to one doeling who had died. She was out of her sac and being cleaned, but it may have been that she was too weak overall- she weighed one pound, two ounces. About fifteen minutes later, Scully struggles with her second and finally pushes out a four pound, fourteen ounce doeling, black with a white poll and a couple of moonspots. How is it that twins can be so different in size? View attachment 45583

I just saw this. I don't think that kid would have been viable. We have had the same thing happen before, with Cookie. Cookie has had singles every time but one. It was the same scenario, except I think the kid was barely a pound. We were there and it struggled to breath, it really tried but I think it's lungs weren't fully developed. The other kid was over 4lbs.

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So the first set of trips was one month old on Monday, the second set on Tuesday, and the third set on Friday. They are dam-raised snuggle buddies. Be warned- they will pile on your lap and nibble on your face if you sit in their general vicinity! All are growing well. I haven't separated them at night and so my attempt at milking their dams is pretty much a fail. Not enough on a once a day schedule to make it worth the effort. In this photo, my neighbor farm hand is fending off the hordes. You can see DH added some gates and a central pole that I use to isolate a goat and babies here and there. It has helped at certain times, but it's not big enough for a regular stall situation.
image.png

Last edited:

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I can’t wait for more little babies!!
You mean "your" little babies? Our five spring moms have all kidded. We have one doe who had hers in November so we'll wait to breed her again. Our does number six total. I am thankful for all the healthy, friendly little ones this year.

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I need to get some updated photos of the kids. They are growing up! I have had lots and lots of inquiries for blue-eyed, polled Nigerian doelings, but no one has shown an interest in my seven bucklings. I'd like them to find some nice homes. If someone wants more goats but doesn't have time to care for the real deal, maybe they would like my latest crafty concoction-
P5211555.JPG