Bayleaf Meadows

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score

"AIR HORNS AND PELLET GUNS
Air horns, pellet guns, sticks, stones and shouting can be great tools if you catch a predator in the act or if you see an animal looking a little too curious. Any sort of tool that can be used to haze animals without causing serious harm is useful to set appropriate boundaries."

o_O:rolleyes::eek:
Are they really serious?
The political correctness of America continues.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Everyone wants to "be nice" to the predator as they are only doing what comes naturally. Don't hurt the poor wild animal....
I can say that I have come home from work and found a possum or a skunk trying to get into the chicken pens and with nothing else with me, have taken a stick and run at them screaming and had them take off. They will come back in a day or two, but by then I've got the live trap set again to catch them. And there is only one "relocation" I do....a permanent kind.
But for larger predators, I don't try to scare them off. I try to go get the gun if I have it with me, quietly, and then go back to shoot them.
They will quickly get used to motion detector lights. But then it is easier to shoot them.
I don't often carry my rifle with me when I go to test. But I don't often go to the cows right from testing either anymore since I have slowed down testing. I do try to carry it with me when I go checking cattle though. And the .22 is always close at hand here by the door in case I go out and there is something bothering the chickens.

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today was day 145 for Scully and what do you know- she had two doelings and a buckling this afternoon! The girls are chamoise
image.png
image.png
and the boy is black with white poll and tip o' tail. Didn't get to examine them closely because the night was drawing close and the rain made it even darker.

Latest posts