1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Goat with teeth knocked out? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Bayleaf Meadows- The Show That Was

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by Bayleaf Meadows, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Jan 8, 2019
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice Herd Master

oh boy- she's got a litter in there

2. Jan 9, 2019
    Bayleaf Meadows

Bayleaf Meadows Loving the herd life

Interesting Australian goat video-

3. Jan 11, 2019
    Senile_Texas_Aggie

Senile_Texas_Aggie True BYH Addict

Miss @Bayleaf Meadows,

Just finished reading your journal. Very funny and interesting and with lots of cute pictures. Thanks.

Senile Texas Aggie

Bayleaf Meadows likes this.
  4. Jan 13, 2019 at 10:39 PM
    Bayleaf Meadows

I received some photos today from the NC State Fair last October and thought I'd share a few. This was the first time I had shown my goats. I entered two Nigerian Dwarf intermediate kids, Delilah and Butternut. They are half sisters with the same sire, Yubi, who is a buck out of beautiful Zamia from One Fine Acre. The goats seemed a little nervous and cold in their pen at the show. I couldn't get Delilah to pretend to know what to do on a lead except imitation crocodile death rolls, faints, and back flips, so I only brought Butternut up to the ring. Being inexperienced, I had her there well before we needed to be and when it was time for her class, Butternut was already ready to call it a day. In the lineup, I noticed that she seemed a head taller than most of the others In her age group, and the judge must have noticed too. He went and got the measuring stick to assure everyone that none of these kids were over height! Despite her crankiness, she did fine and placed fifth out of the ten entries. It was a worthwhile experience and I can't wait to see what she will turn out to be like when she's a first freshener next year. IMG_7633.JPG 2018 NC St Fair  (106).jpg 2018 NC St Fair  (104).jpg IMG_7628.JPG

5. Jan 13, 2019 at 11:07 PM
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice Herd Master

You did great out there too! You managed to get her more relaxed when she started getting real ancy! We were so happy for you!

NC has incredible competition too! Are you going to Rocky Mount?

6. Jan 14, 2019 at 8:23 AM
    Bayleaf Meadows

I am hoping to go to Rocky Mount with the two girls. It partly depends on help at home with the others. As a viewer and vendor, I can commute to take care of chores. If I have goats there I'll have to arrange something and Memorial weekend is tricky.