Bayleaf Meadows

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I received some photos today from the NC State Fair last October and thought I'd share a few. This was the first time I had shown my goats. I entered two Nigerian Dwarf intermediate kids, Delilah and Butternut. They are half sisters with the same sire, Yubi, who is a buck out of beautiful Zamia from One Fine Acre. The goats seemed a little nervous and cold in their pen at the show. I couldn't get Delilah to pretend to know what to do on a lead except imitation crocodile death rolls, faints, and back flips, so I only brought Butternut up to the ring. Being inexperienced, I had her there well before we needed to be and when it was time for her class, Butternut was already ready to call it a day. In the lineup, I noticed that she seemed a head taller than most of the others In her age group, and the judge must have noticed too. He went and got the measuring stick to assure everyone that none of these kids were over height! Despite her crankiness, she did fine and placed fifth out of the ten entries. It was a worthwhile experience and I can't wait to see what she will turn out to be like when she's a first freshener next year.
IMG_7633.JPG
2018 NC St Fair  (106).jpg
2018 NC St Fair  (104).jpg
IMG_7628.JPG

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping to go to Rocky Mount with the two girls. It partly depends on help at home with the others. As a viewer and vendor, I can commute to take care of chores. If I have goats there I'll have to arrange something and Memorial weekend is tricky.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I'm working on a longhorn pull toy. Here's a picture of the prototype. Any body who knows cattle want to give me a critique? I think the front legs could be longer and the dewlap extended forward. View attachment 57410
Looks good.
Longhorns, are traditionally long and lanky, and LEGGY, without the big dewlap you see on Brahman type cattle and they tend to have a long facial/jawbone structure.
When you get ready to paint it, the sky is the limit......spots, splotches, almost solids, mottled, and any combination of colors and patterns under the sun..commonly known as 'chrome'.