Bayleaf Meadows

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today, Scully was on day 148 and her ligaments were gone. I spent most of the day listening or out at the shed. I decided to have dinner and got back to one doeling who had died. She was out of her sac and being cleaned, but it may have been that she was too weak overall- she weighed one pound, two ounces. About fifteen minutes later, Scully struggles with her second and finally pushes out a four pound, fourteen ounce doeling, black with a white poll and a couple of moonspots. How is it that twins can be so different in size?
P3201554.JPG

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the lost kid :(

I don't think she would have made it, with being that small. We've had small kids, but not that small. It's still heartbreaking though :hit

We had something like this happen with Boots and her kids. We had to put the small kid down, it wasn't going to live as it had a cleft palate. We've never had that happen before but it was clear the the twin got everything. We call him "Ouchy ouchy" LOL
The kids shared the same placenta. I forgot the term (@Southern by choice knows I think) where the one twin "hogs" all the nutrition while the other gets very little. We like it when our does have 2 placentas, the kids are larger and are stronger at birth.

Your remaining doe is beautiful!