Bayleaf Meadows

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Per the caption for Figure 1, "red, one hit one genome, orange, multiple hits one genome, dark blue, one hit multiple genomes, blue, multiple hits multiple genomes." I take that to mean that the red indicates that there was one hit (match) for one genome only, namely the sheep, and that orange meant that there were multiple hits (matches) for one genome only, again namely the sheep. The blue colors meant that there were one (dark blue) or multiple (blue) hits (matches) for multiple genomes, namely humans, cows, goats, and sheep. Since mammals share a good number of genes, I am not surprised. In fact I had expected it to be higher than it was. The histograms represent parchment 1 (17th century) and parchment 2 (eighteenth century).

That is how I, a senile Texas Aggie, read the figure.
Thank you...after enlarging the page I can actually read the caption now.

Since mammals share a good number of genes, I am not surprised. In fact I had expected it to be higher than it was.
I suspect they limited it to only humans and ruminants and/or omitted non-human non-ruminant results.

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm starting to paint a few more bulls.

Here's the first prototype which ended up not being a longhorn because it had a more stocky build. He's painted after Reindeer Dippin, a notable rodeo bull.
image.png

And this next longhorn is just getting started. Love their patterns!

image.png

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Years ago I made an instructional brochure for how to make a butter lamb from two pounds of butter. It is really easy and very effective as a centerpiece at Easter time. Butter is a very forgiving sculptural medium. And fun!

Attachments

• Butter Lamb Instructions with Photos 2.pdf
    576.6 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is true! I regret not seeing BW in person, he is my all time favorite. I so wanted to see him before they retired him.

LYJ's breeder is not far from us, they shop at the same feed stores we do LOL
He was amazing.

Bayleaf Meadows

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Scully's doing well with just over three weeks to go! Her bag has been filling in over the past week, but it's nothing compared to what it will look like before kidding. Her belly was huge at eight weeks out, but hasn't seemed to enlarge at the same rate, thank the Lord. She does seem to become quite wide even when carrying singles. This time I think it will be three, a first for her. Praying for an easy (relatively) delivery. Maybe she needs a clip? I am so happy that I hand breed- I would hate to be in a guessing mode right now.
image.png
image.png

Latest posts