Baymule’s Journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used one of these for years to clean up overgrown fence lines. It doesn't do anything for grass, but will tear through briers, blackberry canes, climbing vines, grape vines and any branches smaller than my thumb.
The head tilts so I can make it nearly 90* and reach under the bottom strand of fence. Then make it point down to reach behind the fence and cut back anything 'reaching' in.
hedge trimmer.JPG

Worked GREAT for years - but I abused it HARD and this past month while I was clearing a lane for Eva to bypass the mud bog at the back of the barn, the pivoting head joint finally gave and now the head (which still runs) swings back and forth 180* - EEK!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used one of these for years to clean up overgrown fence lines. It doesn't do anything for grass, but will tear through briers, blackberry canes, climbing vines, grape vines and any branches smaller than my thumb.
The head tilts so I can make it nearly 90* and reach under the bottom strand of fence. Then make it point down to reach behind the fence and cut back anything 'reaching' in.
View attachment 94686

Worked GREAT for years - but I abused it HARD and this past month while I was clearing a lane for Eva to bypass the mud bog at the back of the barn, the pivoting head joint finally gave and now the head (which still runs) swings back and forth 180* - EEK!
That looks and sounds SWEET!!!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
He traveled a lot and said he might get stranded and having a blanket could be a good thing. To my knowledge, he was never stranded. He died some 47 years ago. My mother then carried the blanket in the trunk of her car, always prepared for the emergency that never showed up.
If you have the emergency supplies you rarely have to use them. If you don't, you'll wish you did! LOL i always load emergency supplies, sleeping bags, food, thermoses, etc. for long trips. Never have had to use them. DH laughs at me and makes comments but it's my emergency insurance! I tell him when he is freezing in the stalled car in a blizzard I won't share the sleeping bag, but I will - since his body heat will keep me alive. :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you have the emergency supplies you rarely have to use them. If you don't, you'll wish you did! LOL i always load emergency supplies, sleeping bags, food, thermoses, etc. for long trips. Never have had to use them. DH laughs at me and makes comments but it's my emergency insurance! I tell him when he is freezing in the stalled car in a blizzard I won't share the sleeping bag, but I will - since his body heat will keep me alive. :lol:
I have seen with my own eyes, the packing you do. Organized doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Latest posts