Baymule’s 2021 Lambing

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What do you not like about Moonpies lamb?
Moonpie is on the cull list. I have her mother and grandmother, both on the cull list. They always have single lambs, nothing spectacular. I want to sell the so-so ewes, and buy registered ewes that come twinning genetics, and just better quality ewes.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Moonpie is on the cull list. I have her mother and grandmother, both on the cull list. They always have single lambs, nothing spectacular. I want to sell the so-so ewes, and buy registered ewes that come twinning genetics, and just better quality ewes.
isn't it always hard to make the cull list. but we have to make those hard choices if we want to have better animals. not to mention be able to feed the ones we want to keep.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
isn't it always hard to make the cull list. but we have to make those hard choices if we want to have better animals. not to mention be able to feed the ones we want to keep.
Yes, I have raised and named those on my cull list. They run to me when I call, they eat from my hand, they are pets. The flip side of that is that they are raised for consumption. To ever move forward into better quality, I must let go and replace them with ewes that better suit the direction that I want to go in.