Baymule’s 2021 Lambing

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's a part of raising them, selling them. Some days are harder than others.

I have a bottle baby, all grown up ... Due for 2nd kidding next month and getting to be a PIA. 😁 Nice goat but may be finding a new home this year! Will train to milk this year and decide. She may want to be REAL good.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My son and I weaned all but 2 of the lambs, because they are only a month old. We put ram lambs in the side pasture where Paris can watch them. We put the ewe lambs in the front pasture for Sentry and Sheba to watch. I’ll give the ewes a little time to dry up, then put them to pasture, feed them well and..... I have some Giant Pink Banana squash that I stored over the winter that I will chop up for them. LOL Then Ringo can have his ladies back.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dogs barked ALL NIGHT. They were on super alert, protecting their lambs. Trip jumps the fence into front pasture #1, joining Sheba and Sentry. Paris usually doesn’t bark much, but she was spastic last night, making sure her ram lambs were protected. Carson was left to run the yard, poor dog ought to be exhausted, I could hear him up at the front, running the side pasture to about our bedroom window, then around to the other side of the house, before running back to the front gate. :gig :gig

Ewes and lambs were still yelling when we went to bed last night. LOL Bedlam and Chaos.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I trip over the bottle lambs. They both make every step I do, wrapping themselves around my legs. Tiny is superb at chewing my shoe strings and has the plastic ends off. She unties them every chance she gets.
@Mike CHS you are right. They hear my voice and start yelling. They have yelled since being put with the weaned ewe lambs yesterday. They got their bottles today, but they don’t have much more to go.

I put Ringo with the ram lambs today. Even their Daddy couldn’t comfort them, not that he cared. :lol: