Baymule’s 4th Lambing

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
the cute ones always are
Then I'm blessed (or deluded or I need to change my glasses....probably the latter). My avatar is a ewe lamb....well now she's a rather large and fat .This is her last year

LLeila last year.jpg

This reminds me....Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

Or Arya.

Arya baby.jpg

And here she is now....friendly, fat and fertile.

Area adult.jpg

Maybe 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'......but Bay, those are beautiful lambs. I hope that they and mum are still thriving. Here's hoping that the next ones are ewe lambs.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
A VERY old sheep with cataracts anywhere else would be culled, but your's comes in the house to visit!:love
Thank you, Bay. That lovely old girl is called Minnie......she can see enough to find food/water/shelter etc. and we have no big predators which would attack her. She is retired from lambing as she had udder problems and anyway is just too old now! She lives with my lambs from this year, another retired and very fat old ewe, Bella and a brain-damaged ewe called Becky who has very limited vision. They are a happy little flock of utterly unproductive and time-demanding pets! But like most of my sheep they give a lot back by way of loving to be petted, easy to manage and generally a joy to be around (OH does NOT agree with my summing up!)

A lot of us on this site appreciate the unconditional love we get from these animals......most species respond well to being treated kindly. I know that a lot of folk see animal lovers as weak or stupid, but earning the trust of a different species without the ability to use verbal language is not always easy. Also, I cannot see why some folk feel the need to frighten species which are innately nervous. I know I'm 'talking to the converted' on this site in any case.
Compassion shouldn't be confused with weakness....and we will cull when we have to.

When are you thinking that you'll get your next lambs, Bay?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not until mid January and then I have a couple of FF that I expect to be due in February to the first of March. This year's lambing is waaaaay strung out, but I don't care. LOL Lady Baa Baa may be the next up, she has had 3 lambs for me, two of them born on January 18, I wonder if she'll do that again. Next year I'll be more organized..…..maybe. :lol:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things have been crazy here. Lady Baa Baa had a wee lamb yesterday morning, December 7. I didn’t even get a picture until today! But here she is! Her name is Dit Dot.

I really like her markings. I was going to a comment about her looking awful small for a month old but I haven't fully adjusted to the new month yet either. :)