Baymule’s 4th Lambing

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ummmm, that is one of those keep it to yourself statements! :plbb :lol:

She has a BEAUTIFUL Udder! Wow, that's got to be one of the nicest sheep udders I've seen. Most sheep udders I am like :sick
Is that ewe crossed with Jacobs?

Miranda is a Dorper/Katahdin mix. She puts out a lot of milk, is a very good mother and raises nice lambs. I have two of her daughters that are FF and I am very happy to have them.

@Mike CHS is going to sell me Ringo, his registered Katahdin ram. I will be able to register his lambs as half Katahdin. I will definitely keep Mirandas ewe lambs! then I will be culling the flock, the ewes that have singles. I'll start moving to registered Katahdins.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was just talking to someone about sheep. I mentioned if they were going to get sheep they should get them from @Mike CHS
I love that you are working toward the overall improvement/function on your ewes. I knew you had dorper crosse, I guess the color was throwing me. Not even thinking of the Katahdin in there.
Have you ever thought of milking Miranda? I know they aren't dairy sheep, just curious.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you ever thought of milking Miranda? I know they aren't dairy sheep, just curious.

She was run into the walls/fence wild if I even looked at her. She calmed down a LOT, but I don't think she would go for that! LOL LOL It is a thought though….

Are you coming to Tn to get Ringo?

Yup AND dragging my long suffering husband along with me!

That's fantastic! A win-win for everybody!

Yes it is!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We know a couple of people that have Katahdins that have been handled a lot from birth that they can milk but their production isn't the best. We have friends on another farm that crossed with dairy sheep so they could milk some and have since got out of pure bred Katahdins and switched to dairy. I don't know their business model though.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay is probably waiting on me for a time frame and I haven't been firm on that. I'm still trying to decide on what to do with Maisy when I take her best friend away since she is my baby. :)

Seriously not but we need to firm up something so it works for all.