Baymule’s 4th Lambing

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 strand flat braid? I wish I were so talented! My expertise stops at a 3 strand braid.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We weaned 13 lambs today. The oldest were 4 months old, the youngest were 2 months old. They and their moms are out there yelling their lungs out. Planning on keeping 4 ewe lambs. All the ewes are in pretty good shape, except 1 and she always gets dragged down. She bounces back pretty quick. After their milk dries up, they will get pasture #2, it is full of clover right now, along with other grasses. That will put them back in condition. Then I'll put Ringo with them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even though lambing is over, they are weaned and on their way to being all grown up, I have a funny to share with y’all.

The lambs were grazing the yard. I heard them yelling and Carson barking the alarm, then saw them shoot across the yard in terror. Carson was bristled up like a porcupine and barking. In case you want to know, Trip was in the house snacking on pork trimmings with BJ and Paris was nor alarmed at all.

What was the source of all the commotion? A wether had found the horse Feed bucket and the bail was around his neck and one leg. He was terrified, doing his best to catch up to his friends. They were terrified, doing their best to run away from the Bucket Monster. Carson was terrified, but doing his best to scare the Bucket Monster away.

About the time I caught up with the Bucket Monster, he slipped through the bucket handle and was free. The lambs were still traumatized so I got a little Feed and spoke softly to them. The nosey wether was the first to come to me, then they all crowded around. Crisis over, with a shake of their tails, they went back to grazing

Latest posts