Baymule’s Farm Pictures

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
We get double hollers a ton, but...WE never get to enjoy them..because we always have to sell them...ugh. In fact..we never get eggs anymore...just the cracked ones. My Dad turns 80 next week...can’t acknowledge it, due to corona, and he’s ornery...lol..so we gave him a coupon for free eggs for a year...then I realized, how much I just spent! Ugh...🤣. Your dinn looks amazing!! Can’t believe you have crops already!! We still have everything in the window sills, and just a couple germination...Chris is devastated....will you keep all the guineas? We have neighbors with them...they wonder on the road. My ducks did a few times...one got hit by a car...we made a duck crossing sign..actually bought a real one, and painted a duck on it..🤣. Think it helped🤣. Now you’ll just have to paint a guinea? I still like the name Pickle best for the pig...🤣🤣🤣🐷

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The guinea hens are squatting on the ground under an oak tree with the little ones gathered up underneath them. There is a storm coming with high winds, the kind that knock trees down. I guess we’ll see in the morning if they all survive. The Loony Goonie Trio walked those tiny chicks all over the yard, about an acre, through tall grass, weeds and some tough terrain when you’re only 2” tall. A brown and white spotted one was always last, cheep cheeping all the way. I even asked the mommas if maybe their babies were tired? Our neighbor Robert, also has some guineas, we are trying for tick control. LOL

Thanks, yes the dinner was delicious. That was our first broccoli head and we put it to good use. I am working in the garden every day that I can.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule bet you are glad that you are out of the "last place of employment" :bow:bow. Time to take care of the garden especially now.

That is the problem with guineas, they don't have the sense god gave a goose to not try to traipse all over he//s half acre with brand new keets. If you want to try to save the little ones, try penning them all up in a chicken tractor type thing until the keets are at least a week or 2 old so they have some strength. They will deplete their body reserves and won't be able to get enough to eat for the first couple of weeks..... the females just don't have an ounce of sense. At least in a chicken tractor type pen, you can make sure the babies get a start at life, and you could move it around too and in a couple weeks they can go about their merry way and know the little ones have half a chance.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was growing up on the farm it was my "job" to watch the guineas to find the nests....I became quite fond of the crazy things and loved to hear them chatter....they will probably be okay as long as they are on higher ground and can stay dry..... :fl

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have more then enough birds yup more then enough... they do cute i love fluffy babies ahh okay that out(as if yall didn't know) if they do their job on the rocks great my uncle had them for mesquito control as far i know they worked and the multpiled like crazy. He no longer had them just the bone bird i don't tolerate and that peacocks. Those dang thing are don't right anger inducing. They eat every flower, fight every shiny thing, and think a roof is a landing strip. Oh and their call ugh nope not like them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn’t get a head count but there is a clump of babies next to the garden fence under the oak tree. There is a clump of poke plants for shelter. It hailed last night, I guess the mommas took better care than I gave them credit for.