Baymule’s Farm Pictures

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's pretty good to still have 6. Shame it is only 1/2 of what they started out with. At least the ones still there are doing good enough that they can keep up and will hopefully make it to maturity. Did you get any of that rain/stormy weather that came east to us? It sure cooled off here today, more rain/showers and now there is a rumor of this weekend getting down into the 20's with some FROST?!? :ep:th

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our big black Lab/Great Dane loves for the male guinea to charge at him. It is quite the game. Carson will mosey up to the guineas so the male will charge at him. Carson runs away, circles back, Looney Gooney charges, Carson runs away, circles back, Looney Gooney charges...... Carson can keep this wonderful game up until the poor Looney Gooney is worn out, frazzled and herds his girls and family away, away from that bad big black dog. We watch and laugh so hard that sometimes it brings us to tears.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went on utube and punched up some clips from Guinea TV.....when the male was calling...Gabbie was barking, but when I played the hen she watched my phone and kept turning ber head from side to side trying to figure it out..... :lol: ....Joyce asked what I was listening to and told me she didn't want any...they are annoying....:gig:gig.....oh if we could've stayed where we were...I'd of had some Fun....I Love those crazy things....:love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will update the Looney Gooney family. We were down to 6 keets and one morning they were gone. The Looney Gooney Trio were calling mournfully over and over, at an outside boundary fence. They even went under the fence at the horse trough and braved the wilderness of the horse pasture, looking for their babies. I helped them search, finding no sign of the keets. Sadly, I herded the grieving parents back under the hole under the fence and into another pasture bordering that outside fence. They continued to search and call. We were mystified by the loss of all of the keets. Later in the afternoon, the Looney Gooney Trio showed with all 6 keets in tow! Where had they been? No idea. We were delighted that they were back. A few days later, one had disappeared, leaving 5 keets. So far, the 5 are growing and doing well. I count them multiple times a day. LOL

59787FC1-1629-4FFB-B427-9402C65875E1.jpeg

This is the wildly overgrown horse pasture I seeded in Bahia in the spring. The Bahia is up, short, but I felt it was strong enough to withstand a little trampling, so let the sheep in to take the weeds down.

9FFCAD0C-CC24-40AE-B2AE-13CCB507403E.jpeg

I have picked 2 wash pans of English peas from the garden and started pulling beets.

C1A92957-C859-4A4C-8C7B-62EAD7E55E4D.jpeg

517271DB-21B0-4FE2-8488-F96307D3B556.jpeg

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So glad the babies reappeared...really strange! Nice harvest...we haven't even planted our beets yet! We were hoping to get the rest of the garden planted yesterday, but the yard cleanup took to much time and we needed to do the work on our coop! I love the pictures of your herd, happily munching away!