Baymule’s Fence

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It rolled perfectly. But there was a problem. The gate post was not set to accommodate a wheel and I would not close, leaving a lamb sized gap.

So I fixed it by screwing a piece of a 2x4 to the post. Dropped it too low, the wheel hit it, making the gap bigger.

I went to put a wheel on the gate to the pen, but there were no bolts with it. So tomorrow I’ll take it back and get bolts for it.
:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:he:somad:somad:somad

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got bolts for the other wheel kit. 1/4x2 1/2 and nuts. 3/8 was too big, 1/4 was a bit small but I could make it work. Original bolts were probably metric.

So I put the wheel in the gate, tried it out and it dragged. WTH! Oh. I put it on upside down. The wheel is off center from the mounting bracket. Oh yay! I stripped threads on one of the bolts. Fun getting that one off. I put wheel back on, right side up and bolted it on. The gate swings and the wheel rolls. I’m happy with it.

Sun is out, got 1 1/2” of rain yesterday morning. Cooper and crew are in the middle field, ewe crew and lambs are on front field. Life on the farm is good.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, had to take the wheel off the sheep pen gate. Swinging the gates to make a parallel crossing didn’t work. The pen gate is set so squirrely that tha wheels hit each other. I had sheep running everywhere. Shook the bucket and they all ran back. Son is here and we spent a couple hours rehanging the pen gate, broke both bolts on the hanging brackets, stole bolts off another gate and raised it up so it won’t drag. This of course produced a gap that lambs could crawl under the gate, so son shoveled dirt under the closed gate. Gap is filled, gate swings, no wheel.