Baymule’s Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looking at the driveway, are you going to put fence on the already there T-posts? Like that would save SO much work!! You may need to work corners or mid line with heavier pull posts but, wow faster. 🤣. You could have that in within a fairly short time.
Nice!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The driveway is fenced on one side, T-posts on the other, ready to run wire. The lane where I took down the post clips, has 2 runs of T-posts and I’ll run wire down one of them.

I am back from the farm, short morning. I unloaded T-posts and wood posts. I placed pallets and used scrap plywood to make a floor. It ain’t purty, but it will keep things out of the dirt.

It’s RAINING! Probably not for long, but I’m grateful for whatever we get.

709B6613-0B79-4488-AD41-D83DFE278111.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the siding on the shed is 4 x 8 plywood, that shed looks to be a nice size. Or judging by the pallets, maybe 12 x 12? Still a good size for storage.

Those corral panels are old style Red River corral panels. Ours are 7 bar Red River roping arena panels, 5' high x 10' long. We bought them when the kids were young (about 20 years ago now! :old) and DS3 wanted to try team cutting.

When DS3 moved to Nipomo we sent a lot of the 10' arena panels with him until he was able to build horse corrals and an arena. Then we took our standard horse panels and traded them for the return of the arena panels. We weren't using the horse corrals and the 7' bar arena panels kept in the adult sheep. We attached 24" woven wire to the bottoms to keep small lambs inside the corrals. We use them for our large night fold, and for the ram pen. We put up 2 pens side by side to form a chute which is almost useless since you can't lean over and do anything with the sheep. We obviously weren't thinking about the height of the sides! :lol: We rarely use that alley because of that. However, we will be bringing all those panels to TX since they go together easily and are sturdy. The bars on our roping arena are not as large a diameter as the bars on a horse corral panel. The rams have knocked one of the horizontal bars off one of the panels jostling over their hanging feeder!

Red River is still making panels but the connecting arrangement is a completely different style. I found that out when I tried to buy some more pins for the panels. Don't lose any of the connecting bars, but if you do, you can use rebar with a hook bend, or long bolts with washers. We also have double connector rings that attach to the connector bars and will make allow you to connect a panel at right angles to form other corrals coming off those connector corners. We can use the connector pins from our portable sheep panels.

Red River is located in Coleman, TX, so when we bring our panels to our new ranch they will be coming home to TX! :gig

Don't work too hard in the heat!!!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The driveway is fenced on one side, T-posts on the other, ready to run wire. The lane where I took down the post clips, has 2 runs of T-posts and I’ll run wire down one of them.

I am back from the farm, short morning. I unloaded T-posts and wood posts. I placed pallets and used scrap plywood to make a floor. It ain’t purty, but it will keep things out of the dirt.

It’s RAINING! Probably not for long, but I’m grateful for whatever we get.

View attachment 92566
About a thousand bucks of plywood right there! Crazy the wood prices at present!