Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got the other roll of wire clipped to the T-posts this morning. Then went inside to do more prep work. A couple of friends came over at 2 PM. He helped me put the final touch on the taping and floating. I knew what it was supposed to look like, just couldn’t get it there, so I called in reinforcements. This guy went to work with his uncles when he was 8 years old, doing drywall. It was watching artistry in motion. I sanded, he swirled mud, covering my inept attempts. Pure artwork. It’s been many years since he worked for his uncles, but he still has the technique down perfect. 3 hours later, he was done.

We went to a Mexican restaurant in Groveton and I bought their supper. We visited and had a good time.

I got home at 7:30, fed and watered sheep and dogs. Went inside, it was hot. 85F and the brand new AC wasn’t running. AC guy offered to come out, but I told him to come in the morning. I’ll survive. Tile guy is coming in the morning to do the kitchen backsplash in son’s house. Busy day tomorrow.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are getting there... Thing is, doing at both places may make it seem like you are not getting that much done, then all of a sudden, both places are looking WAY better. Glad you got the clips done and then inside with the heat.
Wonderful to have friends that are good at something like the taping and floating. That is really an art, some people have a great touch for it. Glad they could help you and you got to visit and a nice dinner out.

Did Chris finish the roof over the "terrace" that you all got rebuilt over the "patio" area, at your son's place?
Car running okay after they came and got it to "fix" ? Did they ever figure out what the problem was?

What's the date for the knee replacement?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chris has been working with his brother on sandblasting and reconditioning some tanks the past 2 weeks and next week. He will spray Kilz on Sunday on the double wide.

Chris finished the roof over the patio, just needs to pitch the holes from the metal being a roof. It is real nice.

Car is running fine. I think the service rep didn’t have any idea what went wrong.

September 27 is surgery date. I’ll join the KNEE OF THE MONTH CLUB. Haha! Thanks for that @Mini Horses!!!

Tile guys are here, father/son team. WOW! It’s looking fantastic already!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things are moving along! Can't wait to see it in September! And your sheep out in those lovely green grassy fields! :weee

Looked at the ewe lamb in the barn and she is pretty big, probably too big for the trip in September when she will be about 100 lbs. But I have 3 other ewe lambs that are only 2 months old, and one of them might fit.
Those lambs are out of 5's. Now that the banquette is gone there will be room for a dog crate to hold a lamb for you. Getting a ewe lamb will allow your lambs to tame her.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! It came out real nice. The granite is so ugly, had a hard time finding a tile that wouldn’t make it even uglier. LOL These guys did a great job.

4635D877-055C-4AEB-8524-4A6F7D7BEACB.jpeg

3E650D84-7E17-4676-B19F-FCA6711CABAD.jpeg