Baymule’s Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will eventually tear those down. Can’t stand up in them. I don’t like stooping over.
Ok.... standing is nice! :lol:

But you could put new ones in the same general area.

Even better... make the run come up to the kitchen window.

I have ALWAYS wanted a kitchen window that opened to the chicken run.

That way, open the window, toss out scraps. Tada!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have ALWAYS wanted a kitchen window that opened to the chicken run.

That way, open the window, toss out scraps. Tada!
If I had that I'd have nearly 2 dozen chickens looking in the window begging for food all day long!!!

I do open the kitchen window to toss out trash and recycles, the bins are just below in the enclosed porch, very convenient :D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m wiped out. I’ve slept all afternoon. Yesterday and the day before I worked outside until noon. Then I worked in the house. This morning Chris came over and helped me get started on sheep shelters. Then I painted the utility room. I went to Home Depot for more blue paint, feed store and came back to son’s house.

I sat down at 1:00 and was out. I’ve woke up a couple of times and went back to sleep. I’ll get going in a little bit and go feed, water the sheep and dogs.

Ringo is smitten by the new ewe, Number One. He stands next to her, rumbling. She stands next to him, on the other side of the pen, looking lovely and alluring.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the exhaustion/wipe out... love the deal with Ringo and the new ewe... When are you planning to start breeding? I know that the crappy snow/weather last year makes you a little hesitant... but normally it is pretty decent to lamb in early spring there right? I am assuming that you are going to continue to use Ringo some even as he ages? Hey, gotta keep him up and going... even old men like a little "action" once in awhile !!!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ll put Ringo with Number One next month. I’ll have ewes lambing in September. Yeah, bad timing, but was supposed to close on farm in April, then get knee replacement surgery. Things are screwy now, but that’s how it goes. And yes, Ringo will have his harem of ladies. Cooper will have Ringo’s daughters.