Baymule’s Journal

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Attitude in a breeding male is paramount! I'm thrilled with this new buck I recently bought. Boer are an easy going breed, in general, and I've had good luck with mine in years past. But handling is critical...both goats and sheep can be large and hurt you. I don't need to be injured -- always being aware it can happen keeps us reasonably safe.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop decided that she and her sweet DH should come in, drop their RV, hook up my stock trailer and us go fall in on @Mike CHS and his lovely wife Teresa, spend a couple nights, make lots of noise and confusion, load up Cooper and make tracks for Texas. LOL LOL

Ringo has spoiled me for future rams. He is my big baby. Yesterday I sat on the feed trough which put me at eye level with him. He made a bee line for me and got lots of scratches and rubs. So did a couple of ewes and both dogs. I need more arms!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve painted doors and door jams with white high gloss enamel paint. They will need a second, maybe third coat. Got a glass of ice water and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Nowhere to sit inside, on back porch, it’s hot.

Painted bathroom, I need to go around house, to finish painting the cutting in.

It’s so hot even the breeze is like opening the oven door.

Finnie

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I sat down at 1:00 and was out. I’ve woke up a couple of times and went back to sleep
Remember to pace yourself. We don’t want you to get sick like you did after you pushed yourself so hard during your last move. :hugs You gotta be healthy for your knee surgery!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This handsome fellow was by the driveway fence when I got to the farm this morning.

D8E4B653-9962-4EB4-AE56-EA9F553F7AA8.jpeg

@Finnie i will definitely take care of myself. I worked outside Saturday and Sunday until noon and that was too long. Need to knock off by 11.

Finnie

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This handsome fellow was by the driveway fence when I got to the farm this morning.

View attachment 93124

@Finnie i will definitely take care of myself. I worked outside Saturday and Sunday until noon and that was too long. Need to knock off by 11.
Is he some kind of Brahma or Water Buffalo? That doesn’t look like an ordinary bull.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brahamas aren’t that docile. They are the cow you want for range cattle. They can get pretty wild, they are tough survivor cattle. I’ve hand fed Brahama bulls cow cubes, sweet as they could be, but the majority would just as soon stomp you into a mushy mess as look at you. Bennet’s are probably fairly gentle, he rides a 4 wheeler to check on them every morning and feeds them. They come running to him.

Latest posts