Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule The work you are doing in the house is turning out beautifully!
Hope you get moved soon and the rain greens up those pastures.
Thank you! Moving some stuff tomorrow. Chris is bringing his brad nailer for the quarter round. Going to put in the new toilet and take the old one out of the other bathroom. Then I’ll get that bathroom Kilzed, textured and painted. If have time, I’ll get him to put blinds back up. They are brown and will look ugly, but I need something now.

Today I worked on putting wire up at the front gate to close off a couple of open places. The other place that needs closing up, I have the wire there, taking hog rings to secure the wire. There is an enormous tree in a corner that has all kinds of net wire and barbed wire grown into it. I cut away the wire and cleaned up the area. I should get a picture. There is a hackberry tree growing up against this giant oak, with a railroad cross tie (covered in all the wire) between the two trees.

I’m going to go hitch up the stock trailer and pull it up front. Moving starts tomorrow! I’d start loading stuff, but it could rain overnight.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we moved out to Wyoming we signed up for DirectTV. After the "sigh-on" deals ended and they upped our bill by $100, I called to cancel. She wanted to know why and I said because we don't watch it enough to make the cost of it acceptable. Besides, I live in Wyoming and I can't get any local news channels to check on weather and such. She said I could get NEW YORK for my local channel. In what universe is New York considered local for Cheyenne? I asked if they had anything local for Denver Colorado, as that might be close enough for weather. She said let me see - oh, you can get New York. I said "wrong side of the country" so she then she said I could get LA. Ah, no thanks...
Talk about clueless stupid people....
:he:hide:smack:smack:rant:somad:th:th

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
When we moved out to Wyoming we signed up for DirectTV. After the "sigh-on" deals ended and they upped our bill by $100, I called to cancel. She wanted to know why and I said because we don't watch it enough to make the cost of it acceptable. Besides, I live in Wyoming and I can't get any local news channels to check on weather and such. She said I could get NEW YORK for my local channel. In what universe is New York considered local for Cheyenne? I asked if they had anything local for Denver Colorado, as that might be close enough for weather. She said let me see - oh, you can get New York. I said "wrong side of the country" so she then she said I could get LA. Ah, no thanks...
Lol my mom spent 2 hours trying to get them to cancel it

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was this a shorter than expected job for DS? Thought he was going to be there for awhile longer? Oh well, maybe good so that you can get more moved than you thought... settled in better at your own place for awhile and he can maybe get some things moved from his place to there also... and maybe something closer or better will come up for him...

Hate to wish for dry weather for you... of course now that you are ready to move stuff it will want to rain some.... Murphy's law and all that... Maybe you needed to be moving stuff sooner so it would have rained sooner:th:lol::hide:hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been a busy week. I totally crashed Tuesday. Peggy, Bennet and I finished the last little run of wire on the side of the house. I went to sons house, crawled in my recliner and went to sleep. Slept all afternoon, took another nap and went to bed early.

Spending first night in my house at the farm. Still have lots of stuff at sons house, but most of the big stuff is here.

We will move sheep and dogs tomorrow morning.