Baymule’s Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Eh, stains and rips are fine (depending on WHERE the rips and stains are located), but STENCH! Try to pick the less stinky clothes for going into town for a sit down meeting.

Stench is OK in the grocery store.... but when you are sitting shoulder to shoulder with someone for a spell... nice to be un-stinky.

;)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
X 3 on the fashion designer... better, not ripped or stained, blue jeans and a nicer shirt for "public" things. I do go to a fair number of meetings/cattle stuff... so even though we are mostly all cattle people, we all try to dress a little nicer and neater because this is our "esteemed social life"... I try to not look like too much of a ragamuffin for work because I am in a barn in a "professional" capacity... and I do try to do errands on the way to, or the way home... and since I am in and out of peoples barns, you don't want to take diseases back and forth so try to always have cleaner clothes and footwear/boots... barn clothes, but clean ones....
I don't wear t-shirts until it gets cooler because they make me sweat... too close around the neck... so I wear snap shirts mostly.. til it gets colder and then t-shirts and an overshirt... but for work they have to have pockets for my note pad and stuff when writing down cow numbers and milk weights....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Closet looks great to my eye now Bay!

What amazes me .... is how many clothes I own... and how few of them I wear....

:lol: :ep
Ain't that the truth!! I donated a LOT of dress work shirts when we moved here having been laid off and retired 2 years earlier. I still have a number of them that maybe get worn once a year if that. Weekly trip to the grocery store, weekly trip to the Farmer's market (through October), weekly trip to visit the in-laws. Monthly lunch with coworkers who retired before I did, some WELL before. Yeah at 66 I'm the pup. Twice a year trip to the optometrist and dentist.

OK, you've seen (read!) the bulk of my "off farm" life. Not a lot of need for fancy clothes.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We’ll blow me down. Dessa, the barren concubine ewe, just stood for Cooper. He’s bred her 4 times! But will there be lambs? We’ll know in approximately 145 days. I just HAD to count that up, February 15,2023. I’ll believe it when I see the lambs. Way to go Cooper!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
She was saving herself for her ONE TRUE LOVE !:gig
:celebrate:ep:fl:fl
Actually have seen and heard of this on occasion.... a cow that will not get bred by a bull and then stands when the bulls are changed out...smell, hormones, trigger the females heat response
BJ gave her the "talking to"......

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just got a call back from NRCS office in Crockett!!!! WHOOP! He knows nothing about sheep, wants to bring a guy from Palestine who does. Will try to set appointment in mid to late October.

Cooper is breeding Dessa again. 5,6, 7, that boy is a baby making machine! 9, 10, 11…. Still going-like the EverresdyBunny! I think he’s up to 16 now. At this rate, she ought to have a litter of half dozen!

Latest posts