Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your Medicare situation too. Helpful for any of us who could find ourselves in the same boat.

I was blindsided by outpatient surgery. Hopefully anyone reading this will be better prepared for the after surgery care than I was. Nothing was said until just days before surgery.

I am doing good, leg is swelled, that’s to be expected. I’m walking better than before surgery, taking into consideration a swollen sawed on leg. LOL It hurts, but it’s a better hurt.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well...... just in case you were biting your nails waiting to hear... Kid #4 did NOT pass.

:(

He didn't see a speed limit sign... so went up to 32 in a 25... speeding is an immediate fail.

We get to try again in 2 ish weeks.
I failed my first time too. Ran a stop sign not far from the DMV parking lot. Nicely hidden by a small tree such that by the time you might see it you are looking left for cross traffic. The tester said I should have noticed the stop sign on the diagonal corner for vehicles coming the opposite direction. A friend said "I should have told you about that stop sign". Yeah, a bit TOO LATE ISN'T IT???

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m up this morning, got coffee. @Ridgetop ’s DH is picking her up today. Words cannot express what her presence here has meant to me. I was scared, alone, and not knowing what I was going to do. Missing my BJ so terribly, feeling the loss intensified. He was going to take care of me, that was our plans. It is a bad feeling to be facing a major surgery like this, all alone. She has been there for me, stuffing food down my throat until I felt like a Christmas turkey. LOL Her being here has given me the confidence of knowing that “I can do this.” I’m not scared. I may be by myself but I am not alone. How blessed I am to have such a dear friend who would set aside the things she came to get done for her and her husband’s place, to help me. I am grateful.

My son is coming in today. He is leaving out Monday on another job. It’s a good paying job, like it was before Covid. He really can’t afford to let this one go by. Go get the money son! LOL! He is concerned about me, but I’m going to be ok.

I have the first PT appointment on Monday, Chris is going to take me. I truly believe that I’ll be able to drive myself after that. I’m not taking the pain pills, so no dopey foggy brain, at least not caused by drugs. LOL Chris will take care of sheep and dogs all month. I’ll ease into things, a little at a time, and I’ll be careful.

Recovery will take time but I will do this. I’ve gotten so much encouragement from my friends here, thanks to all of you. Y’all have no idea how that has lifted me up.

Many hugs to @Ridgetop for dropping the things she had to do and being here for me. Kind, generous and loving, what did I do to deserve such a friendship? What a precious gift of love.