Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m gonna have to agree with you on that. Ewes are in the yard. I spent most of the morning outside with them. Absolutely gorgeous day, just couldn’t stay inside. Aren’t they sweet??

View attachment 93867

Got tired, went in. Fried some catfish, ate, heard CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. Went outside. Ewes are rubbing on underskirting of mobile home.

First we eat these nice weeds, then we scratch our numbskulls on this nice scratchy stuff Mom has!

View attachment 93868

I had to push their butts with the walker! Go back in, ice pack on knee. CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH. Back outside push lazy butts away from house. Hey! Whatever happened to y’all being AFRAID of this walker?

View attachment 93869

Every 10 minutes, rinse repeat. Then I started squinting them with the water hose. They ran from that! Hahaha! I WIN! I’d no sooner get back in recliner, foot up, ice pack on, then one would look around, “Pssstt! Y’all !!! She’s GONE!!” And they’d be right back. That side of the house is in shade. It’s cooler there. Fine but do they have to cave in the underskirting?

View attachment 93870

I finally put them up. Feet up, knee iced. I need a nap.

Step counter says 1.3 miles. To heck with that!
"Aren't they sweet?" you say.... NOT !!!!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thursday Domingo the tree guy came with his helper. They took down the dead tree. There are 2 left, in the back, on the side and he said one of those probably won’t make it much longer.

EEA9E9E2-DD2C-47EB-A2E9-6F6B33B7C337.jpeg

DEA4EA90-EDB8-434D-8FD6-B21BB40D65C7.jpeg

62A2B8FC-8738-429E-9D8E-6661D8CF3B25.jpeg

DDCF5C1F-3011-432E-82E6-E7ECABD067CD.jpeg

And tree is gone. Now there are no trees in front. No friendly trees with their shade.

The charge was $500. When I started to write the check out, Domingo suggested swapping Uno for half, so just charge me $250. Yes, I took that deal. Domingo can pick up Uno in January.

Yesterday a friend called and told me it was Ladies Lunch day. Beings as I was sitting here going stir crazy, I went. I took a chair to prop my leg on , but sure was squirming before I left. Swelling had gone down, but my fun afternoon made it swell back up.

Step counter on my phone said I walked a little over a mile yesterday.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It dawned on me that I am hosting Thanksgiving. :th I never finished the hallway bathroom. The sink and cabinet is still wrapped in plastic. Plastic still on the floor. 3 seams above bathtub surround needs taping and floating. Ceiling needs painting. Bathtub surround needs texture and paint, along with another wall or 2. I sure can't do it now, so Chris will start on it in the morning.

Kitchen is a disaster. Not enough cabinets and I'm missing that coat closet I converted to a pantry in Lindale. No such luck here. I did make a place in the add-on utility room for a metal cabinet and put the tools that were on the kitchen island in that cabinet. It looks a little better, not much, but better. Not enough counter space either. :he

It would help if I got the deep shelves built in the little utility room. I may or may not get that done before T-Day. :fl

I bought mirrors to hang in the bathrooms yesterday. Oops. The big round mirrors I bought for my bathroom will barely fit. I'll have to "up' one and "down" the other. Should I trust the mobile home sheetrock wall to hold them or should I run a 1x4 across the wall like I did in my closet, where I put up the pole brackets? Hmmm.... my house, my rules. Don't like it, there's the door. :lol: My toiletries are scattered on the counter. I have a medicine cabinet in a box that I need to put together. Then I can stow away my mess.

A chair in the living room corner is still wrapped in plastic from being moved. At least that's an easy fix.

Still have boxes to unpack. Maybe, maybe not. Seating everyone should be interesting. Have outdoor table and 6 chairs on back porch. That will help unless the weather is nasty. Small table and 4 chairs in kitchen, could squeeze in 2 more chairs. Have a card table with 2 chairs, can add 2 more. Have to go to son's house to container for said chairs and wipe them down. That ought to cover it. Eating on living room furniture will be forbidden. Brand new sofa and crumbs? Not happening.

It will be fun. Going to invite a couple of friends, the more the merrier.

WyoLiving

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am hosting Thanksgiving this year. I haven't told DH yet. oops, lol

I don't know why he gets so tense about it. I like to cook, and most everything turns out good.
My family are not raving lunatics or horrible people. They sit around and visit, nephews sit in the family room and watch TV.

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are hosting thanksgiving this year again. It get pretty crazy at my house. We have to cook 3 turkeys with about 1/2 left at the end. To be honest we smoke out turkeys in the smoker so they taste so good! My chickens always get the left over homemade cranberry sauce.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It dawned on me that I am hosting Thanksgiving. :th I never finished the hallway bathroom. The sink and cabinet is still wrapped in plastic. Plastic still on the floor. 3 seams above bathtub surround needs taping and floating. Ceiling needs painting. Bathtub surround needs texture and paint, along with another wall or 2. I sure can't do it now, so Chris will start on it in the morning.

Kitchen is a disaster. Not enough cabinets and I'm missing that coat closet I converted to a pantry in Lindale. No such luck here. I did make a place in the add-on utility room for a metal cabinet and put the tools that were on the kitchen island in that cabinet. It looks a little better, not much, but better. Not enough counter space either. :he

It would help if I got the deep shelves built in the little utility room. I may or may not get that done before T-Day. :fl

I bought mirrors to hang in the bathrooms yesterday. Oops. The big round mirrors I bought for my bathroom will barely fit. I'll have to "up' one and "down" the other. Should I trust the mobile home sheetrock wall to hold them or should I run a 1x4 across the wall like I did in my closet, where I put up the pole brackets? Hmmm.... my house, my rules. Don't like it, there's the door. :lol: My toiletries are scattered on the counter. I have a medicine cabinet in a box that I need to put together. Then I can stow away my mess.

A chair in the living room corner is still wrapped in plastic from being moved. At least that's an easy fix.

Still have boxes to unpack. Maybe, maybe not. Seating everyone should be interesting. Have outdoor table and 6 chairs on back porch. That will help unless the weather is nasty. Small table and 4 chairs in kitchen, could squeeze in 2 more chairs. Have a card table with 2 chairs, can add 2 more. Have to go to son's house to container for said chairs and wipe them down. That ought to cover it. Eating on living room furniture will be forbidden. Brand new sofa and crumbs? Not happening.

It will be fun. Going to invite a couple of friends, the more the merrier.

baymule being baymule. :)

Latest posts