Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving menu
Turkey and cornbread dressing
I will mill Painted Mountain corn I grew for the cornbread.
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Parmesan green beans
Corn
Dinner rolls
Salad with everything in it
Cranberry sauce
Ham
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Pear pie
Deviled eggs
Whatever else we can think of

Sarah caters weddings as a side business. She will probably do most of the cooking. She is going to do a charcuterie board.

0D2A4DC7-DE1E-49C0-8632-59B6657A43C7.jpeg

Breakfast for several days
Pancakes
Bacon
Sausage from last pig I raised
Cereal
Biscuits
Egg and sausage burrito
Pumpkin pie, good breakfast food!
Nothing because I don’t care-go scrounge something

Leftovers
Fix a plate and microwave it
Wrap a flour tortilla around it
Turkey tacos

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is pretty much every breakfast when we have house guests. 🤣

But mostly because everyone straggles out of bed at different hours.

Lunch too, now that I think about it.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year. Son is flying in from Seattle and daughter and family coming from Chicago. All the other kids live local.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It dawned on me that I am hosting Thanksgiving. :th I never finished the hallway bathroom. The sink and cabinet is still wrapped in plastic. Plastic still on the floor. 3 seams above bathtub surround needs taping and floating. Ceiling needs painting. Bathtub surround needs texture and paint, along with another wall or 2. I sure can't do it now, so Chris will start on it in the morning.

Kitchen is a disaster. Not enough cabinets and I'm missing that coat closet I converted to a pantry in Lindale. No such luck here. I did make a place in the add-on utility room for a metal cabinet and put the tools that were on the kitchen island in that cabinet. It looks a little better, not much, but better. Not enough counter space either. :he

It would help if I got the deep shelves built in the little utility room. I may or may not get that done before T-Day. :fl

I bought mirrors to hang in the bathrooms yesterday. Oops. The big round mirrors I bought for my bathroom will barely fit. I'll have to "up' one and "down" the other. Should I trust the mobile home sheetrock wall to hold them or should I run a 1x4 across the wall like I did in my closet, where I put up the pole brackets? Hmmm.... my house, my rules. Don't like it, there's the door. :lol: My toiletries are scattered on the counter. I have a medicine cabinet in a box that I need to put together. Then I can stow away my mess.

A chair in the living room corner is still wrapped in plastic from being moved. At least that's an easy fix.

Still have boxes to unpack. Maybe, maybe not. Seating everyone should be interesting. Have outdoor table and 6 chairs on back porch. That will help unless the weather is nasty. Small table and 4 chairs in kitchen, could squeeze in 2 more chairs. Have a card table with 2 chairs, can add 2 more. Have to go to son's house to container for said chairs and wipe them down. That ought to cover it. Eating on living room furniture will be forbidden. Brand new sofa and crumbs? Not happening.

It will be fun. Going to invite a couple of friends, the more the merrier.
You could make it a working thanksgiving, hand everyone a paintbrush or tool as they walk in the door, with a list of chores they can chose from - you know the work for food idea :lol: but at least you have a few weeks to try to get some of the most important things done.

Take care not to over do it still... but I am sure no matter what your family will enjoy your new place!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could make it a working thanksgiving, hand everyone a paintbrush or tool as they walk in the door, with a list of chores they can chose from - you know the work for food idea :lol: but at least you have a few weeks to try to get some of the most important things done.

Take care not to over do it still... but I am sure no matter what your family will enjoy your new place!!
I have ceiling fans in the closet for son in law to put up. LOL

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanksgiving menu
Turkey and cornbread dressing
I will mill Painted Mountain corn I grew for the cornbread.
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Parmesan green beans
Corn
Dinner rolls
Salad with everything in it
Cranberry sauce
Ham
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Pear pie
Deviled eggs
Whatever else we can think of
Sweet potato casserole. Never heard of pear pie but I love pecan pumpkin key lime sweet potato pie etc
Sarah caters weddings as a side business. She will probably do most of the cooking. She is going to do a charcuterie board.

View attachment 94075

Breakfast for several days
Pancakes
Bacon
Sausage from last pig I raised
Cereal
Biscuits
Egg and sausage burrito
Pumpkin pie, good breakfast food!

Leftovers
Fix a plate and microwave it
Wrap a flour tortilla around it
Turkey tacos
About the tacos I always do the same thing lol

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was a full day. I left at 4:45 and got back at 3:20, left for the vet at 3:45. Had 3 doctor appointments, first one in Lindale at 7:30 for blood draw for lab work. Then to the surgeon for 11:30 appointment. I stopped for breakfast, Lowes and a couple other stores. Took forever for the surgeon appointment, he was running way behind. He sent me for a bone density scan at 1:45. I put my foot in it on the way home.

Sentry wouldn't eat Wednesday night. It was obvious he didn't feel good. I couldn't do anything yesterday morning, so had to wait to see how he was doing when I got home. He still didn't feel good, so trip to the vet. No clear diagnosis. He is anemic, has blood markers that suggest a blood borne tick disease or maybe it's lymphoma (cancer). Vet gave him a huge syringe full of fluids and something for nausea in it under the skin. I have an antibiotic and an anti-nausea pills for him. The anti-nausea pill says take with food. Right. He's not eating. I gave him his pills this morning and he puked them back up. He is drinking and peeing, so there's that. I did capture a urine sample, capped it and put it in the refrigerator, in case they need it for further analysis.

I borrowed a large dog crate from Bennet and Peggy when I got back yesterday from the vet. They followed me home and brought it in the big utility room for me. I kept Sentry in it last night. Right now he is laying half on a towel on the floor. Of course I have no idea where my animal towels are, still at my son's house and I don't know where. So, good towels it is. I don't care. He can puke on them, they will wash or I can buy new ones. Sentry is what matters right now.

Chris just got here and suggested dissolving his pills in water. Good idea, I'll take it a step further and draw that water up in a syringe and give it to him. I'm to keep him on the medication over the weekend. If no improvement, take him in Monday for x-rays and more tests. There is a vet on call over the weekend if he gets worse. Chris just walked in, squatted down and made a fuss over Sentry. He thumped his tail, but didn't raise his head.

So that's where I'm at. Either Sentry is sick and he'll get over it-or he won't, or he has cancer and I won't draw it out trying to "save" him. I'm hoping it is nothing too serious, but trying to prepare myself if it is-and I really don't know how to do that. I don't know how much more of this I can take. Will it ever stop?