Baymule’s Journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can give you some pointers, not my own, but my brilliant family. DD down loaded an App called Disney Experience. She could look up rides and wait times. Then GPS laid out a map right to the ride. I heartily recommend it!

Be at Hollywood Studios when the gates open and walk FAST to the Star Wars! We got in 2 rides before the lines got too long on the 3rd one. We did the 3rd ride that night.

Take 2 pair of shoes.

You can take a backpack of snacks and drinks in the park. DSIL had an insulated backpack. It saved a lot of money, not buying park food and drinks.

We left around 2 and went to a restaurant. Better place to spend money and not on trashy food. We rested and went back.

What parks are y’all going to and how many days are y’all staying? Most of all, go have fun!
5 days!!! There are new things since I was there. And 1 day were running over to Universal to see the Harry Potter parks. My friend has been at least a couple of times a year for YEARS. She's a pro. I'm pretty much going to just follow her around & enjoy the magic.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 days!!! There are new things since I was there. And 1 day were running over to Universal to see the Harry Potter parks. My friend has been at least a couple of times a year for YEARS. She's a pro. I'm pretty much going to just follow her around & enjoy the magic.
Wow! You will be in good hands!

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gorgeous photos!
Children LIE. We went to 6 Flags Magic Mountain and they coaxed me onto a roller coaster saying it was a tame ride. LIARS! It was the one that went forwards then backwards with an upside down loop in the middle - twice. Kept my eyes shut the whole time. Gt ff the ride crying. Have never trusted them since. No longer go to amusements parks.

Glad you had a good time with your family. Seeing the amusement park and rides through the youngest granddaughters' eyes is priceless. I guess you will eventually forgive Rachel. LOL

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Children LIE. We went to 6 Flags Magic Mountain and they coaxed me onto a roller coaster saying it was a tame ride. LIARS!
So do parents! I was in middle school and my dad talked me into riding the Ninja at 6 Flags St. Louis. The part that you can see looks okay: half loop and a twist. What you can't see because it's low to ground behind trees is the double corkscrew at 55mph!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was the one that went forwards then backwards with an upside down loop in the middle - twice.
By today's standard, that IS tame. I went on the one like that at Knott's Berry farm 45 years ago. Felt sick for a good half hour later.

What you can't see because it's low to ground behind trees is the double corkscrew at 55mph!
I would be :sick Literally!

I'm not designed for coasters other than the ones the go only one direction, do not loop, rotate, or otherwise leave a normal vertical position. I don't know it they still make those, not thrilling enough for coaster fans.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
By today's standard, that IS tame. I went on the one like that at Knott's Berry farm 45 years ago. Felt sick for a good half hour later.

I would be :sick Literally!

I'm not designed for coasters other than the ones the go only one direction, do not loop, rotate, or otherwise leave a normal vertical position. I don't know it they still make those, not thrilling enough for coaster fans.
There used to be one at Disney (might still be?) that was a mission to Mars. 4 people at a time go into this tiny little space & sit down. You are told that the seat you chose assigned your position on the crew. A big screen opens in front of you & you have to work together to survive landing on Mars. It FEELS like you're sitting in a room role-playing and the room is moving a little bit when the space ship does stuff........ BUT there are benches everywhere along the paths near the exits because it's actually spinning to make some real G's and people get off feeling fine and then get nauseous as he11!!!

Latest posts