Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve been getting ready for The Texas Five. I have a small pen with a blue pallet shelter. But these ladies deserve the BEST! So I went to Groveton to the hardware store this morning for building supplies and 3 hog panels. Yes, FREE PALLETS!!!!

I added on a shade porch for The Texas Five. It also blocks the afternoon sun from shining in the pallet shelter.

Old east Trxas log homes had an open hallway down the middle, called the dog run. Usually a room on either side, one for sleeping and one for kitchen and eating. The dog run nearly always had a breeze blowing through. In hot weather, people often slept in the dog run.

So here’s my rendition of a dog run for the cooling comfort of The Texas Five.

E2278739-2527-4F18-A51B-A988D75D36E7.jpeg

DD36B916-3F74-4D8D-ABC9-D85A51A01543.jpeg

For their dining pleasure, a pallet manger already with ugly brown Bahia hay in it. My sheep love the Bahia and loathe the Bermuda hay. Bermuda is the Golden Standard hay and I even buy them horse hay, a high quality hay. In the hay crunch and panic last summer, I bought Bahia, and COW Bahia hay at that. The sheep loved it.

The Texas Five may turn their dainty noses up at the Bahia. Where they come from, alfalfa is the standard hay. It’s green, leafy and sweet. Bahia is brown, ugly, dusty, and I haven’t felt compelled to take a taste test.

I cut a pallet in half so The Texas Five can eat the hay….. maybe.

I do have some alfalfa for them too, lest anyone think Bahia hay is cruel and unusual punishment.

F0585A28-831B-4F14-A4CD-214EC4C658C6.jpeg

After I picked up the hog panels and the pallets, I went to son’s house and loaded up my round pen panels. It’s a 60’ round pen, of fifteen 10’ panels and a walk through gate. I unloaded them in the back pasture, where I’ll set it up.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got home a little after 7, got sheep, dogs, horse, fed and watered. The Texas Five are home, still in trailer, I’ll unload in the morning. Daylight would be nice. Somehow trying to unload wild sheep by the light of a cloudy moon, sounds like a bad idea.

F56CA159-23D6-4743-8A19-208273436A31.jpeg

7501E398-96B6-445D-9019-04DF9BA14DB6.jpeg

Ridgetop, her husband and son, are headed to Leander to see their puppy tomorrow.

I pulled in the driveway of their ranch, and they pulled in right behind me! Talk about timing! We or rather, her son unloaded their trailer. Son put together some super heavy duty shelf units they brought, then us two women IN OUR PRIME, carried totes and put them on the shelves. Then there were things to go in the barn, so her DH backed the trailer to the barn, after much discussion between her DH and DS. Like two bulls with their tailed tied together. The Ridgetop Way! 😆😆😆

Then her DH backed their trailer to my trailer. More discussion. And more discussion. Then it was done, her DS walked the sheep into my trailer and closed the middle gate. Drove trucks forward, closed end gates. Cleaned hay out of their trailer. Not us! Oh no! That was accomplished by DS. Then the trailer was backed into the barn, after more discussion. 🤪🤪😃

Ridgetop brought us matching T-shirts. I handed her DS my phone to take our picture. @Ridgetop cautioned not to cut our heads off. So of course he did. 😁

9A36087A-F51D-498A-8807-5B32CADA1C34.jpeg

A discussion ensued on the proper way to take our picture. Got it!

4BBC4287-F27E-4F3F-BC7E-0DB18255046B.jpeg

It’s after8, going to get a bowl of corn flakes.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got home a little after 7, got sheep, dogs, horse, fed and watered. The Texas Five are home, still in trailer, I’ll unload in the morning. Daylight would be nice. Somehow trying to unload wild sheep by the light of a cloudy moon, sounds like a bad idea.

View attachment 96679

View attachment 96680

Ridgetop, her husband and son, are headed to Leander to see their puppy tomorrow.

I pulled in the driveway of their ranch, and they pulled in right behind me! Talk about timing! We or rather, her son unloaded their trailer. Son put together some super heavy duty shelf units they brought, then us two women IN OUR PRIME, carried totes and put them on the shelves. Then there were things to go in the barn, so her DH backed the trailer to the barn, after much discussion between her DH and DS. Like two bulls with their tailed tied together. The Ridgetop Way! 😆😆😆

Then her DH backed their trailer to my trailer. More discussion. And more discussion. Then it was done, her DS walked the sheep into my trailer and closed the middle gate. Drove trucks forward, closed end gates. Cleaned hay out of their trailer. Not us! Oh no! That was accomplished by DS. Then the trailer was backed into the barn, after more discussion. 🤪🤪😃

Ridgetop brought us matching T-shirts. I handed her DS my phone to take our picture. @Ridgetop cautioned not to cut our heads off. So of course he did. 😁

View attachment 96681

A discussion ensued on the proper way to take our picture. Got it!

View attachment 96682

It’s after8, going to get a bowl of corn flakes.
Yep, gotta teach them how to aim a camera.....:lol::lol::lol::gig:gig:gig:gig

Latest posts