Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I lit them up early this morning. I pushed the piles up with the tractor before coming in for iced tea. I’ve been reclaiming the front yard. I’m taking down those tacky pallets I put around the porch to keep the sheep out. I gave them away already! I’m taking apart the heavy duty ones and will move them to Coopers pen and rebuild a shelter for him and his girls.

196F2D99-1F52-4AD0-BF9B-547BED717EAC.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hitched flatbed trailer, went in front field and loaded it up. Drove through that gate to middle field. Put up dogs and all but 2 sheep and drove through gate. Closed gate. Stopped at first fire and unloaded yaupon and little pieces. Drove to 3rd fire and put pine logs on it. Taking ice water break. Before I go for another load, I’ll doctor Reina’s eye.

D61C3883-FE53-4A68-8BBB-7178918B963F.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Y’all will never guess what showed up. Registration papers for the 3 ewes I bought last May 18, 2022. Took almost a year.
YAY! :yesss: Double check the registration papers for purchase and change of ownership date. The breeder of record of any lambs is the person who owned the ewe at the time she was bred. If that woman put the current date on the papers as the date of purchase instead of the actual date of purchase, and the ewes were bred by Ringo, then she might show as breeder of record on the lambs when you go to register them. Hopefully she put the correct date of purchase so you will show as breeder when registering any lambs produced by them.

If she put the current date on the paperwork, don't bother trying to get her to correct the paperwork. Call me instead.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made another load, threw on burn pile, another water break. I put Sheba and Buford in the pen. Sentry wouldn’t go. He sat by the gate wagging his tail. He wanted to ride in the truck! I opened the gate, put him in truck, drove through, closed gate. Drove to burn pile, let him out and unloaded yaupon. He waited in the shade until I was ready to go. Load up! And he jumped in the back seat. He came in with me for a break.

4094DC2A-94DB-4D58-8762-FA85A29622E7.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We brought her home June 23, 2021. She was 6 months old. BJ named her Dessa. It seems so long ago.

CC864D98-F91B-4B81-B78E-E70268839984.jpeg

I named the other one Dotty. Dotty was bred to Ringo, after BJ died, after I sold the farm in Lindale, after I moved to son’s house and got Covid again, Dotty was pregnant with twins. She prolapsed. I couldn’t get a vet and I was so sick and exhausted that I couldn’t do anything to help her. I called a friend, he shot her and put the meat in the freezer. Sometimes farming sucks.

I didn’t think Dessa would ever breed, but she got a pass because BJ picked her out and named her. Then she fell for the attentions of that handsome young stud, Cooper. Now I wait to see how this goes.

The flock moved, she got up and went with them. She doesn’t want to be left alone. She doesn’t want anything to do with me. Hahaha! In labor, laying down in a patch of grass, and she’s grazing.

Latest posts