Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
dont sheep need a lot more attention than goats?
No, they pretty much take care of themselves. They are so spoiled, they do like attention. Today I was taking down a cow panel, I had help.

What ‘cha doing Mom?

F86D2B7B-2B31-4C2C-AE4D-84640814EE94.jpeg

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m at the house in Groveton, drinking coffee. I brought a recliner with me this time, aahhhh comfort! I brought a trailer load of outside stuff, including metal lawn chairs. Now I have somewhere to sit outside too. After unloading, I was beat, sat in the recliner and took a nap. I’ll leave today, be back Monday to knock out the carport bedroom that is so awful. Chris has started on it. There is no walk through hole in the back wall anymore! It is closed up, outside with T-1-11 inside with insulation and sheetrock.

Monday we patch with more sheetrock, tape and float. Texture, paint. Kilz the walls, paint. Clean concrete, lay peel and stick tiles. Chris is glad to have the remaining pieces of sheetrock, he is refurbishing a mobile home.

I hope we can get it all done.

Moving furniture the weekend of February 5. I may make a load or two with the stock trailer somewhere between now and then. I have an air mattress in the middle bedroom, the only room I’ve been able to refinish the floor. But with everything out, I’ll be able to party down and get the floors refinished.

So much to do!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have a closing date on the farm yet? I know you want to get out and let the new owners get into it. Plus having all this to do at the new one that you were going to take a little time to do and get moving in the spring. So this is a bit of a push for you now. What about the fencing/pastures for the animals. You can finish the inside more if the outside is ready for the sheep and dogs. The road closeby is a concern to make sure that the dogs are safe and I know you have considered it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Daughter said closing date is February 17. I have to have Groveton house ready to move into, so I can move furniture in. I can put up temporary pens with cow panels, Sentry and Sheba will stay in. I have horse panels for Trip. He won’t like it, but he can’t jump them. Plane were to list farm in March. So yeah, I’ve had to really kick it into high gear.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have been running at full speed!

We were planning to help you with moving but with this earlier sale it looks like we will be getting back just as you are about to finish moving. Bringing our truck and tools. I will lay the bedroom floor for you, and we can install all the bedroom moldings afterwards. If you don't get the other bedroom moldings taken care of we can do them when we get back there too.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have been running at full speed!

We were planning to help you with moving but with this earlier sale it looks like we will be getting back just as you are about to finish moving. Bringing our truck and tools. I will lay the bedroom floor for you, and we can install all the bedroom moldings afterwards. If you don't get the other bedroom moldings taken care of we can do them when we get back there too.
I bought floor tiles today. I'm leaving in the morning to go to Groveton and work on that fugly disaster bedroom. Carpenter will be working with me or maybe I'll just be getting in his way. I got 2 gallons of Kilz to cover the eyesore paint. I'll be back Friday. Then I'll be packing all week, may make a load down there. I dunno. I'll take you up on putting the moldings in the bedroom. I have a nice miter chop saw for that!

BUT I WILL need help building a shelter for the sheep and dogs. And building fence, repairing fence and all that fun stuff.

I've got to get everything out of here so I can refinish the floors. Can't turn it over to the new farm family with scratched up and worn floors. LOL

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you get vinyl strip flooring or square tiles?

BUT I WILL need help building a shelter for the sheep and dogs. And building fence, repairing fence and all that fun stuff.
So I should bring the air compressor and nail gun right? :) Also the come alongs and fence stretcher? All the levels, T-squares, and . . . . I better add to the list.

Here are a few suggestions when laying the floor -
Use the best knee pads you can buy and then kneel on a garden foam pad as well. (The first floor I laid I got blisters on my knees before I invested in strap on knee pads! After aying the second floor I went back and upgraded to a better pair of strap on knee pads! :gig) When cutting the vinyl tiles use one of those chop type paper cutters. it makes a nice straight cut. Use paper to make a pattern for any funny shape cuts. When you get to the end of the room and have to cut the tiles lengthwise to finish, flip them over to measure for the width. You want any cut edges to always be against the walls never against a factory edge. Even though the instructions say to leave a gap of 1/8"-1/4" at the walls, ignore that and lay them in all the way, otherwise they can slip apart. If it is cold, use a space heater to warm up the strips before cutting and laying them. Rent a floor roller to go over the floor. It will help the strips adhere. Buy more tiles than you need to allow for mistakes and later repairs. You can never get the same color run later.

I was really looking forward to laying another floor! By the way, that glue is super sticky. Use alcohol to clean off your cutter, scissors, and hands. Then use oil to remove the rest of the sticky. Don't even try to wear gloves since they will get stuck in the glue and end up glued between the tiles and the subfloor! :lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Square tiles. What's a floor roller? Cant use knee pads. I sit on my butt and scoot. LOL I bought extras. Only one pattern had enough boxes to do the job, so I bought them.

No nail gun, I use a drill and screws. I got a come along, squares and a level. Drywall will be done, I got tape today.