Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
fyi, have you any mullen tea? I keep this on hand, it is amazing for cough, colds, congestion - I mix my own tea with chamomile and lemon/mint as well as elderberry and a few other herbs just for good measure - we both drank about 8 cups of hot tea each day, and I still pull out my tea in the morning if my lungs feel like they are having issues - it works wonders. you can order online, add a touch of honey too - praying you are all on the mend quickly.
Would you like some mullein plants? I’m going to dig and pot some before I move. They grow in a fence row not far from here. I have a few here on the farm, but I’m leaving them for the new farmers/owners! Your tea sounds interesting!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop forget the trailer, just load truck. I have plenty of beds at new house. Or at least I will after this coming weekend! We will move my king, (2 extra long twins) adjustable bed with massage into the new remodeled former disaster carport bedroom this weekend. Y’all can sleep there. On that bed, y’all may never leave! DS has a queen bed, the other bedroom has a twin and a full, both with 10” foam Serta mattresses. No need for a hotel room or your trailer. You can go check on your farm, stay in hotel then, but no need to bring trailer. You can travel faster without trailer, thus cutting down on hissy fits.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Would you like some mullein plants? I’m going to dig and pot some before I move. They grow in a fence row not far from here. I have a few here on the farm, but I’m leaving them for the new farmers/owners! Your tea sounds interesting!
I have dozens of mullein plants myself - so I am set, and I harvest seeds each year too to keep a stach on hand

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They said they were playing camouflage ninjas.
Looks to me like they need to be taken outside and hosed off!

It will be a cut in income for them, but $$$ isn't everything, although it is certainly SOMETHING!
Need to consider everything, not just income. Property taxes in TX are likely a LOT less than in So. Cal.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's sleeting, just started snowing. Going to be cold and miserable for the next week or so. Just what I DON'T need! Hey weather! I'm trying to move here!
I got most of my kitchen packed up yesterday, will finish that today.

My knees are giving me a fit, excruciating pain. That just really aggravates me, anything that slows me down or stops me aggravates me. I am so ready for knee surgery! It wasn't so bad when it was just one knee, now it's both. I don't have a good leg to stand on.

Still have lots of little stuff and tons of pictures. Pictures just don't seem to come in "box" sizes. I'm pushing to be out of here, but I have waaaaay too much stuff. No time to sort through it, just slam it in a box and worry about in the distant future when I move again into my new place, whenever and wherever that will be. This wonderful couple is coming in the morning to pack up everything we can, into their spacious cargo trailer and then on Saturday, go to Groveton and unload. Who does that? NOBODY! Especially during a winter storm, with freezing temperatures, (cold for US). Closing has been moved up to February 8.

Y'all jump on THE CRAZY TRAIN and hang on!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rained all night, got 2 1/2” of rain. It turned to sleet mixed with snow. It is patchy, but roads are icy. Currently 23F with a low of 22F tonight. Tomorrow night will be a low of 19F with a high of 34F. Saturday high of 44F with a low of 15F. Saturday will be sunny. Ice storm over much of Texas, airports are closed. Flights canceled.

Sheep don’t care. They have little ice cycles on their woolly layer of warmth.

93BE22C6-0C0F-468E-ADA6-90C46BB1312D.jpeg

Sheba rolled in the icy snow, she didn’t care either. Both sheep and dogs have deep bedded hay to snuggle down in.

EE204A02-7777-4A27-8AA8-3DB16DFB2EEE.jpeg

I packed boxes all day. I STIL have unpacked stuff!

Packing boxes is SO BORING!

ABF42F1A-E12A-40F2-B608-D5DADAE991A4.jpeg

What’s so great about that stupid box?

5271968C-318B-4AE3-A969-DB72B3231D09.jpeg