Baymule’s Journal

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OMG - that is a tight time frame for you, wow. And with your knees acting up, it will be a brutal push to get it all done. My hubby and I can offer one afternoon Sat or Sun (we work weekdays) if that helps with things... just give us a heads up via text on things, we can talk over what you need most and help with that. I pray you do not push yourself too hard. Your health is so important, take care of yourself.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Despite the cold, ice and drizzly snow, we have had a nice day. We weren’t in a hurry, took our time, visited and had fun while we loaded the trailer. Got my saddles, saddle racks and tack out of the barn, my cedar chest, old trunk and some other stuff out of the portable building. In the morning we’ll load up my bed and the freezer and go to Groveton to unload. There isn’t much left in the house. Still have little stuff and cases of my canned stuff. Can’t really stack those so I’ll put them in the back seat, front seat and floor board when I make trips to Groveton.

Closing has been put off a few days, the appraiser hasn’t completed his report yet. I’m not expected to be completely out, I’m being given plenty of time.

@Hideaway Pines i’ll take you up on that! I’ve got to build pens and shelter for sheep and dogs.

I drive myself really hard. Today has been a leisurely stroll in the garden by comparison. LOL LOL

Farmer.Rexi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Rest easy everyone. I promise you she is not being pressured at all and we are doing all we can to help with this transition of chapters. We are happy to be helping Baymule in every way that we can. I hate that her knees have been bothering her so much lately! This is as much as journey for us as it is for her. We have never owned a piece of heaven before and are so excited to carry on this legacy.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry, @Lstewart86 ... not that anyone was trying to be negative, but with all @Baymule has been through, I guess we were all being "mother hens" and worried about her getting "pushed" a bit. I am really glad that you guys are being so nice and helping her, and it will help you to get started on you putting your "stamp on the farm. " Alot of us are kinda "family" and we care about everyone else... and let's face it, as we get older, sometimes we just find it easier to give in and go along.... most of us are pretty feisty, but in the broad scheme of things, grief and all that can cause some to "not think straight"..... so I guess we were a little concerned.
Thank you @Lstewart86 , for being Bays friend ......
Hope you stay with us here and let us know how your new chapter on her old farm goes....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
WE ARE COMING FINALLY! . . . . DG is putting car in shop for quick oil change and 30K mile checkup. We will pack chains, tools, winter woolies, and be on road asap! Hopefully can leave next Monday. Can travel faster without trailer too. Prefer to take Truck because of 4WD in snow, and haulage capacities for fencing stuff, but the SUV has a large cargo area, and we can rent a truck if needed. I guess we don't need to buy inflatable mattress!
Need to consider everything, not just income. Property taxes in TX are likely a LOT less than in So. Cal.
Actually TX can be higher because they are reassessed each year. We pay 2.5X on this place here (4/2 2500 sf) as we pay on our little rental in Ft. Worth (3/2 1300 sf). Property value here is about 7 x that of FW property. Property taxes seem lower because the properties are cheaper. In Cal the taxes are 1.25% of purchase price of property. But then the property value is not reassessed until you sell. Instead every year your taxes go up 2% of the tax (not new value) as long as you stay in the house. When we sell our place, the new owner will see the taxes jump 3 times what we pay and we have been here 33 years. If you can prove that your value has gone down :lol: :lol: :lol: you can apply for a reduction. If you are 100% permanently disabled you can apply for a disability deduction - the Cal deduction for permanent disability is 10% of the property value from the original valuation which really is next to nothing here where the cheapest home is around $300,000. The disabiity deduction is not prorated based on the percentage you are disabled. If you were permanently 100% disabled your taxes would be reduced by 1.25% of 10% of the value of your property. This would be a one-time deduction and then they would continue to rise 2% every year. On the other hand, if you are 95% disabled you get no deduction. In Texas the tax deduction is based in your permanent disability Percentage. You can apply for further deductions if your disability rate is increased.

On the other hand, it is California and although I am 3 generations here, living here is no longer enjoyable. Too much crime, too many homeless wandering and squatting, and the police working to see criminals caught just to have them released without bail by liberal judges and prosecutors.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rest easy everyone. I promise you she is not being pressured at all and we are doing all we can to help with this transition of chapters.

Alot of us are kinda "family" and we care about everyone else...

Thank you @Lstewart86 , for being Bays friend ......
Hope you stay with us here and let us know how your new chapter on her old farm goes....

Yes, yes, and YES! So you see that we'll adopt you all too!!!!!!! 🤗. We come with the farm....we've been there since they bought it and rebuilt it. This is a community that cares. Too late to back out, we are staying. 🤣🤣👍 I feel better now that Bay is not rushed. You will love us, I promise.

Farmer.Rexi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Planning to stick around. I have a lot to learn on this new adventure! Forgive me because I don’t know all the terminology when posting but I will be starting a journal (I think that’s what it’s called) once everything is finalized. It’ll be good to document it all!! Our dreams are large and exciting but respectful as well!! We will post our story then. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
WE ARE COMING FINALLY! . . . . DG is putting car in shop for quick oil change and 30K mile checkup. We will pack chains, tools, winter woolies, and be on road asap! Hopefully can leave next Monday. Can travel faster without trailer too. Prefer to take Truck because of 4WD in snow, and haulage capacities for fencing stuff, but the SUV has a large cargo area, and we can rent a truck if needed. I guess we don't need to buy inflatable mattress!
YAY!!!! :weee On your way at last! :celebrate The RV went in the shop, you had the Plague House while y'all had Omnicron, the truck went in the shop, one thing after another! We can build fence and pens for the sheep. And we can run back and forth taking the last of my stuff to Groveton.

There is still some moving fun to be had, you haven't missed out on all the fun! :lol::lol:

@Hideaway Pines wants to come have fun too, we can make it a BYH party!