Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule thank you for the mini vacation. Your post came at the right moment to help decompress from the day’s surprises.
And you sure had a day too! Glad I could give you a smile.

After the last 8 months, I sure needed a fun weekend, even if it was 13 people and 4 dogs stuffed into a small house with one bathroom! Hahaha! Gee, at least the dogs didn’t use the toilet, that would have made the line longer!

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snake bitten tongue is vet’s opinion. Hang on. These are ugly. If you suspect anaphylaxis move fast to the vet. Know where your emergency vet is. She went from normal to this in about 15 minutes. She’s mildly sedated so she’ll leave her tongue alone. She’s had steroids but can’t have more. Gonna be a long night but, but we’ll get through it.

Attachments

• 10115673-4A58-4828-9882-C9601B3DFA9C.jpeg
    10115673-4A58-4828-9882-C9601B3DFA9C.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 61
  • FC8DD480-3AFC-4DCB-A017-CF7D25C52981.jpeg
    FC8DD480-3AFC-4DCB-A017-CF7D25C52981.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 66

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Also. Figure out restraint for large dog in a small car. Some Semi truck driver is telling a story about two blonde bitches fighting in a Nissan, swerving all over the road. Don’t be them.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sad. I'm certain it's annoying to her, as well as dangerous! Hoping it resolves soon. :hugs

Bay, glad you had a fun weekend with people to share it! Now, pls take a few days and rest those legs! Take pain med actions, relax, and let things heal. When there's only "you" to do, you have to allow yourself this luxury. Yes. I speak from experience. Do minimal have to stuff, gently work back into it. :hugs:love. You'll have plenty of days to overwork later. 🤣

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s good advice @Mini Horses ……… for someone else. LOL I sat around Sunday after I got home and yesterday. Today I get a haircut and meet a friend in Lufkin for lunch, then go with her to doctor for a second mammogram. They have found a mass. Her husband is in Houston undergoing intensive therapy for a work injury and can’t go with her. Im not letting her go alone. Maybe he can be there for test results, if not, I will.

Tomorrow morning I’m gone EARLY. Since I haven’t changed my driver’s license yet, I’m going to Lindale to vote in a run off election. Then swinging by the surveyors office to pay him, then the REAL reason— going to pick up 3 yearling registered ewes! Then come home!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Feel so bad for you and for the dog @Blue Sky . Glad to hear the tongue is smaller and can understand your concern. It does sound like a snake bite for the very reasons you suggested. I admire your quick response and reaction which undoubtedly saved her life. I hope that she can drink soon so you know she is really on the road to complete recovery, but the stiffness/wooden tongue appearance may take a week to completely go away. Best of thoughts for her continued recovery.

Latest posts