Baymule’s Journal

Marie2020

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I see space to start bringing big stuff from the Lindale house! Living area is painted, still have trim to paint, will get at least one coat on this morning. It’s tedious. The long gone idiot son hired to do trim didn’t paint it before putting it in, as instructed. It takes 3 coats of paint. Moron. He didn’t finish the trim work either, but left behind a super nice trim saw, extension ladder and tall step ladder. Mine! LOL Going home today.

View attachment 88877

View attachment 88878
Looking good :thumbsup :love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Funny for the day-I dug up mullein plants and transplanted them to the farm several years ago. Yesterday I let my ram Ringo and his ladies out on the pipeline. He let out a big snort and blew out a wad of snot. Ringo wiped his snotty nose on a mullein plant. He snorted again, blew out another river of snot and beat that plant to shreds, wiping his nose back and forth. All clean, pink nose, and off to graze. Sheep aren't so stupid.

Going to take down a stretch of 2"x4" non climb wire today. It went from the back yard to the back of the sheep barn. It was so Paris could have her safe place-the back yard, but still be able to go to the sheep barn to guard. She is gone now, I'll be leaving, so taking it down. I'll use it to replace some cow panels in the sheep lot. I'll need the cow panels for making pens for the sheep at the rent house. Going to work on loading up the trailer this week, going back down there on Friday, come back on Saturday.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Funny for the day-I dug up mullein plants and transplanted them to the farm several years ago. Yesterday I let my ram Ringo and his ladies out on the pipeline. He let out a big snort and blew out a wad of snot. Ringo wiped his snotty nose on a mullein plant. He snorted again, blew out another river of snot and beat that plant to shreds, wiping his nose back and forth. All clean, pink nose, and off to graze. Sheep aren't so stupid.
Or perhaps Ringo is just smarter than most!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
dont sheep need a lot more attention than goats?
No, they pretty much take care of themselves. They are so spoiled, they do like attention. Today I was taking down a cow panel, I had help.

What ‘cha doing Mom?

F86D2B7B-2B31-4C2C-AE4D-84640814EE94.jpeg

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m at the house in Groveton, drinking coffee. I brought a recliner with me this time, aahhhh comfort! I brought a trailer load of outside stuff, including metal lawn chairs. Now I have somewhere to sit outside too. After unloading, I was beat, sat in the recliner and took a nap. I’ll leave today, be back Monday to knock out the carport bedroom that is so awful. Chris has started on it. There is no walk through hole in the back wall anymore! It is closed up, outside with T-1-11 inside with insulation and sheetrock.

Monday we patch with more sheetrock, tape and float. Texture, paint. Kilz the walls, paint. Clean concrete, lay peel and stick tiles. Chris is glad to have the remaining pieces of sheetrock, he is refurbishing a mobile home.

I hope we can get it all done.

Moving furniture the weekend of February 5. I may make a load or two with the stock trailer somewhere between now and then. I have an air mattress in the middle bedroom, the only room I’ve been able to refinish the floor. But with everything out, I’ll be able to party down and get the floors refinished.

So much to do!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have a closing date on the farm yet? I know you want to get out and let the new owners get into it. Plus having all this to do at the new one that you were going to take a little time to do and get moving in the spring. So this is a bit of a push for you now. What about the fencing/pastures for the animals. You can finish the inside more if the outside is ready for the sheep and dogs. The road closeby is a concern to make sure that the dogs are safe and I know you have considered it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Daughter said closing date is February 17. I have to have Groveton house ready to move into, so I can move furniture in. I can put up temporary pens with cow panels, Sentry and Sheba will stay in. I have horse panels for Trip. He won’t like it, but he can’t jump them. Plane were to list farm in March. So yeah, I’ve had to really kick it into high gear.