Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bay and her DS have most of those renovations almost finished. I think we will be showing up like blisters - after the hard work is done! LOL

She already posted some of the photos I think. There was a lot of work to be done and she has tackled most of it in typical Baymule style. "Get 'er done!" We were hoping to already be back there to help but were delayed, then she got a sudden buyer and things took off. I am just hoping DH recovers in time for us to get back there before she has added a second story to the house, and bult a barn all by herself! LOL

Might make a big difference if one is laying them in hot humid weather or cold weather. I assume that gap is for expansion? If the baseboard is put on after it would cover a gap.
Yes, the joints are for expansion. Once the viny is glued to the floor though, expansion becomes moot. Expansion joints are more important in floating floors where expansion can cause movement. In any event if you are installing the vinyl, then installing the baseboards over the top, often the drywall does not extend completely to the slab. In that case, I slide the edge of the vinyl under the drywall to ensure a tight fit. Have had no problems. Leaving the expansion gap when installing laminate I do have areas where the baseboards barely cover the expansion gap. Plank vinyl is easier to work with I find since it bends slightly.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I may be all moved in when y’all get here! But don’t worry, the sheep need shelter! @Ridgetop you are so funny! Wanting to bring levels, squares and all manner of “do it right” tools! I have used tin and reject lumber. Really, it just needs to not fall down! Hahaha! You sound so excited to be building something!

@Senile_Texas_Aggie I wasn’t even going to list the farm until March. My daughter answered a Facebook post inquiring about land with a house in Lindale school district. We are closing in about 3 weeks. I’ve been scrambling to get things done.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frimplepants has been swelled up like a dead hog in the sunshine on a hot Texas day! Big belly, big milk bag, poor baby looked miserable. FF, I was worried about leaving her all week. But she obligingly had twins last night! Ewe and ram. For once, the ram lamb is white and the ewe lamb has spots. Not good pictures, it was 5AM and still dark. Of course I’m keeping the ewe lamb.

7500AC3E-80F1-400E-A716-2EE1E71B0D8F.jpeg

BF82C60A-B736-41D0-A450-6E36D9107749.jpeg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop it is kinda hard to make plans to come and help a friend with all their major remodeling project when they go and up the moving time by at least 2 months....!!!!:gig:smack:idunno.

Maybe I will get you to just make a little detour:hide:lol: through Virginia on your way home and come do some building therapy here!!!!!:gig:gig. I hate doing building stuff and there's a bunch that needs doing here......

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Senile_Texas_Aggie I wasn’t even going to list the farm until March. My daughter answered a Facebook post inquiring about land with a house in Lindale school district. We are closing in about 3 weeks. I’ve been scrambling to get things done.

I understand. I wish I could come and help, but you and Miss @Ridgetop would get tired of having to continually tell me "No, STA! You're supposed to hold the OTHER end of the hammer!"

Congratulations on the lambs.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does that lamb have spots on both eyes??? And nose??? Girl, you better lift that tail and recheck!!!!!!🤣🤣. Yay, Frimplepants!!! 👏🎉

I had a doe who gave me trip boys every year. Last ones, a girl and 2 boys. I know I checked them every day for several days to be sure! It was 5 th kidding.