Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I got hit by a truck, then it backed up to see what it hit. I’m exhausted, sore, tired, even my feel good hurts. I was rolling the ceiling by 6 this morning with Kilz. About 2:30 I was cutting in the walls at the ceiling , but I cut in the ceiling with gray paint too. Fortunately not much before I realized what I was doing. I knew it was time to quit. I’ll just have to put a little extra white paint over that gray.

@Ridgetop i found the trim! Since I was so tired that I was making stupid mistakes, I went to Lufkin and found the exact same trim! I got 15 pieces 7’ long. They got plenty more. Got a ceiling fan for that room too. I had painted the brick wall, it looks good. Maybe in the morning I can roll white paint on the ceiling.

Sky is getting dark, going to rain.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made more progress today. It’s clear that we won’t lay tile tomorrow. I’ll have to come back Monday. Had to go to Lufkin (30 miles) this evening to get another gallon of gray paint. So I did the drive through at Pop Eyes Fried Chicken and got 2 pieces, a biscuit and cole slaw. Never had their cole slaw before, one bite and I threw it away. Yuck. Chicken was good.

I painted the ceiling this morning. Found a sagging piece of sheetrock on the ceiling. Chris said it’s been wet and he’ll cut it out tomorrow and replace it. Probably from a long ago leak. House has a nice metal roof on it now. Chris sanded on the patches and painted the walls. I painted trim, the 2 closet doors and the bedroom door.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made more progress today. It’s clear that we won’t lay tile tomorrow. I’ll have to come back Monday. Had to go to Lufkin (30 miles) this evening to get another gallon of gray paint. So I did the drive through at Pop Eyes Fried Chicken and got 2 pieces, a biscuit and cole slaw. Never had their cole slaw before, one bite and I threw it away. Yuck. Chicken was good.

I painted the ceiling this morning. Found a sagging piece of sheetrock on the ceiling. Chris said it’s been wet and he’ll cut it out tomorrow and replace it. Probably from a long ago leak. House has a nice metal roof on it now. Chris sanded on the patches and painted the walls. I painted trim, the 2 closet doors and the bedroom door.
I can still remember Popeyes chicken having great biscuits.... but I don't think I ever had their coleslaw

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
When we were working on the apartment, we used to get Pop Eyes about 2x weekly. Best chicken ever - spoiled us for any other fried chicken.

Good thing you found the damaged piece of drywall now instead of after laying the new floor. Easier to fix the drywall and clean up the concrete than possibly damaging the nice new tiles. Moving right along on the house. Post photos.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Walk through hole in back wall. This is the outside. It is now covered with new T-1-11 siding, insulated. caulked, and looks much better. Chris took off the brick, it was pulled away from the siding. He said rain would run down the walls and let water in the walls. That wall now has bright new siding. I have a LOT of painting to do!

6671CF0B-07EA-470D-9DA6-063F0F20F37F.jpeg

This is the inside.
Plywood held up by wobbly bookcase to keep rain out. Fat lot of good that did.

56D17DB6-D504-4184-94ED-20FA94EC8EF7.jpeg

Chris cut the sheetrock, taped, it is now floated, sanded, textured and painted. I didn’t get a final picture, was too busy painting!

B3B34461-EB27-4254-BF7F-A8EFFD11DB12.jpeg

After finding the water damaged sheetrock, Chris looked in the attic to make sure there were no electrical lines, then cut a small hole in the sheetrock. Then he cut out the piece. The AC condensation drain was, like everything else, improperly installed. Actually, Stupid, led by Dumb and Dumber must have done this. A 90* coming down, a 90* across, a90* going up and a90* to the drain pipe. So the condensation just sat in that low place, and the elbows weren’t even glued!

79DD6DA5-2F8A-4B51-BAB2-81377BA2CC32.jpeg

Much better!

9499164A-9F68-411F-BE46-40400F27C8D9.jpeg

New sheetrock, taped, ready to float, sand, texture and paint.

C7475C0D-EA44-4297-81F3-416BCAF5E134.jpeg

Last edited:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
A 90* coming down, a 90* across, a90* going up and a90* to the drain pipe. So the condensation just sat in that low place, and the elbows weren’t even glued!
Save us from idiots!!! Sure glad Chris didn't just assume the damage was from a prior roof leak. I bet I would have given the info you had.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This picture shows the nice gray paint I’m using, I’m doing trim in white. Note all the extra repair around windows due to a mess left by a previous workman.

A336ACA2-3A8D-4868-BB0A-53FE7666428B.jpeg

That nasty, UGLY horse manure brown color, it even shows through Kilz!
This is the closet.
C7453184-09E8-42BD-8D27-7B303F7E8214.jpeg