Baymule’s Journal

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
if the drain goes to clear air, why would one need a trap? I suppose someone might connect the drain to a sewage pipe, would want a trap then. But yeah, glue is good ;)

The trap is for the negative pressure inside the drain of an air handler. The ac or heat pump coil is on the return side of the blower causing negative pressure in the drain pan water backs up cause air coming in drain pipe with a trap it can't. On a furnace ac or with the cool on the positive side of the blower it will drain cause air will be going same direction as water.

I know a few days late but figured I'd help out

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since I'm moving to a place that is 30 miles to a town in 2 directions and there are no towns in the other 2 directions, I need a car with better gas milage.

I called Carmax and set an appointment to go sell my car to them. They sent me an email invitation to sell my car. The instructions said it was better to use a smart phone. So I tried to open my email on the phone, but didn't remember my password. Had to go back to computer, because it is easier for me, to reset my password. Finally! Got email open on my phone and followed directions. Answered a bunch of questions, then took pictures. I took the pictures they asked for, then hit send. Easy, even for me and I'm no smart phone guru. I'm a smart phone dummy. In 45 minutes, I had an offer. Heck yeah! I'm gonna go get that money! Robert followed me to Carmax, where I did the required paperwork and got a check. Down payment for a new car! :highfive:

That was the easiest car trade/sale I ever participated in. Looking around on car dealers on the internet, I think I'm going to skip all the car lot torture and buy one online. I can do all the application online and they will even deliver it to me. Sign the final papers and done. I sold cars in 2004-2005 and people spent entire days at the car dealership, it was a long drawn out process that nobody liked. If I can buy a new car as easy as it was to sell one, I'm in! I'll get moved, settled in and go car shopping from my recliner. :yesss:

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule If you had good service on the sale, try Carmax for purchase. They will let you reserve about 6 cars for a test drive session and paperwork wasn't bad.
That's what we did when our Kia Soul was totalled in 2014. We arrived by Uber. Total time including carseat fittings, test drives, kid/preggy potty breaks, and paperwork was 4 hours. You should be able to get out much faster.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had no idea. Now that makes sense to me, the girls love horses!
So you are saying you didn't ask your GD how she came up with such a unique name, just figured she was a whacko? ;)

I know a few days late but figured I'd help out
Never too late, thanks for the info.

I can do all the application online
And maybe get a better price. I bought my Prime online since the only dealer that had one was 50 miles away. When the "in showroom" sales guy was done with all the paperwork he gave me the price. I gave him the price the internet sales lady gave me. I had already told him I had gotten a quote on that car online. They have to honor it.

HomeOnTheRange

Golden Herd Lurker
Reaction score
You can name your ewe after a really, really bad rock group called "Black Lips" :hide

I purchased my last car from Carvana. The first one I picked had a bad rattle so I returned it before the 7 day, 1000 mile "test drive" was up. No questions asked, they just came and got it. Had a refund in 2 days. Found another one that I liked. It is a VW diesel Jetta. It is my second one and I really like the diesel because of the 48-55 miles per gallon and the huge amount of power it has. Really sad I will never be able to find another new diesel Jetta here in the US.

You are doing great on your renovation....

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really sad I will never be able to find another new diesel Jetta here in the US.
Well that would be because they can't make emissions standards and cheated to get the last ones in. Hoisted by their own petard.

I'm guessing your Jetta is a TDI since you said huge amount of power. Generally non turbo diesels are slugs. Even the TDI's 0-60 would be called slow by the car rags.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been awake since 1:30. Trip has barked all night. Before I went to bed, he was laying in the driveway, between the house and sheep barn, just barking. I tried reading a book, to maybe get sleepy and go back to sleep.
BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK!

Ummmmm……. Sleep not happening.

So I finally got up and walked out on the porch. Carson heard me and came out from under the porch for me to pet him. Trip went silent. I whispered to Carson, “Where’s Trip?” This always results in Carson looking in the direction of where Trip is, or sometimes where he went over the fence. Carson looked around. “Where’s Trip?” He bounded off the porch in the direction of the sheep barn, and stopped. Tail up, full alert, as Trip slowly came out of the shadows. Trip couldn’t see me, but knew something was there. His tail was up, full alert, ears pricked, he cautiously advanced, like he was stalking danger. He reminds me of a big white lion. I walked out on the steps so he could see me and he stopped. So I bent over a little and slapped my knees in a “let’s play” invitation, he went soft in his posture and trotted to me with a big smile, tail waving.

I’ll mention that the two Anatolians were quiet. Not barking. Probably trying to sleep too. I’ll bet with Trip now knocked out snoring in the house, THEY are finally snoozing peacefully. Not me!

Now both dogs are in the floor, dead to the world and I’m wide awake. Oh well. When I got home yesterday afternoon from Groveton, Trip and Carson ram to greet me at the gate. Good dog! He didn’t jump out while I was gone. I fed dogs and sheep, and went to Robert’s and Sharon’s for supper. I came back to Trip joyously bounding around on the outside of the front gate, waiting for me to open it. Goofy dog.

The house is ready to move in! Pictures of the previously nuclear disaster bedroom!

The brick was formerly the outside of the house, as this used to be a carport.

BEA8D090-C885-4A8B-82D7-C0ED1BA8B1FD.jpeg

This is the wall that used to have a walk through hole in it. It’s all sealed up now. Look at the new floor!

24EA770F-9DBD-4357-88E8-77A200F13935.jpeg

A new ceiling fan.

4FD86EC1-172E-463E-AD6E-142397F6AAE5.jpeg

The closet.

E6BB6CAA-EBF3-45B2-BC0E-A4FBB4A1E99D.jpeg

The propane company sent out their workers to set the propane tank and run a line to the house. The next day, the truck brought 75 gallons of propane out.

Taking furniture on Saturday, 2 trucks and trailers, me, Robert, Ron and wives Sharon and Carol want to go too! We’ll have a moving party.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
wow you have done great, I have been out for a few weeks - we both caught Covid so have been recovering... but your place has been a ton of work, but it looks great. So glad you got the new car too - that is always a huge relief to have a reliable vehicle. I hope your move goes smoothly tomorrow... and maybe you can rest a bit after all the hard work. well done!!!!! and your new babies are precious, nothing better than baby anything!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so sorry that ya'll have been battling Covid. That sure takes it all out of you. Recovery may take awhile to gain your strength back. Main thing, is remain active, as much as you can and do a little bit more each day. Take your vitamins too!

I drank my 2 cups of coffee, was still in a comatose state, thank you Trip. Made some more coffee, on cup #3 now. After I let the dogs out at 4 AM, Trip didn't bark anymore. I slept until almost 8:00. Thinking about all I got to do today to put stuff on truck and trailer tomorrow. I need to double up on MY vitamins! Not only am I not moving very fast, I'm not moving at all. I gotta get motivated.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great job on everything - room looks great! Brick gives what would be called decorative interest in real estate! LOL :weee

Do you have closet doors? We can install them when we install the moldings and trim. We can cut the moldings to size first and paint them before installing. Then after caulking (if necessary) we can touch up with small brush if needed. With 18-gauge brad nailer, you often don't need touch ups.

Isn't it weird how brad and wire gauges go down in size the larger the diameter of the wire? My 16-gauge nailer uses brads that are almost the thickness of small finishing nails. Are you sure you don't want the large nail gun and air compressor for building the sheep sheds? I think we have half a carton of nails for it too. Should I bring the wire stretcher and come alongs?

Gosh remember the special tools that Greybeard talked about using for stringing wire on j-posts? Do you have those? T-post clips and special clip bender tool, I think. He said the clip bender tool was faster and easier than a pliers. Less than $20.00 on Amazon prime, some good and some bad reviews.