Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule you need to rest up, take care of yourself. Pace yourself so you don't overdo it. I am glad you got as much done this weekend as you did, but man take care of your knees and your health.

We took this weekend to catch up on things around out place. After being down with Covid for two weeks things around here needed some TLC for sure. but man it feels good to have the house cleaned after everything, even opened up the windows to air out our place - just hate being sick.

Let me know when you want help at your place, I can schedule a day to come to Goveton and help you too! Had to chuckle at your story about Tripp, what a smart dog- too smart for his own good though.
I try to pace myself, but pretty much operate at full speed. LOL I’m glad y’all are feeling better and felt good enough to open windows, clean and air the place out.

You’ll have to come to Groveton when @Ridgetop and her husband are there. She is having herself a hissy fit because things are moving so fast and she’s not here to help! We can have a fence building party. Only need a few spans. LOL

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
YES! IT IS TRUE! - Here I am hissy fitting!
:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:he:somad:somad:somad:rant:rant:rant

Angry with Covid for delaying our trip for a month already.

DH called the VA about his positive test. Told the nurse that he had pain when taking in a deep breath before coughing for 5 minutes. Nurse asked all questions relating to possible heart attack which were answered negative but since he has had Covid she is sending him to emergency room to check for blood clots. Apparently, they can be a side effect of Covid. We kept asking questions until she finally said, "You are wasting time - go immediately to emergency room!" I think she just wanted us to get off the phone. DH had been waiting 15 minutes to talk to her after being disconnected twice.

DS1 is driving DH to emergency room. He has strict instructions NOT to let him be admitted. They can give meds for blood clots, but I think it is just being unable to take in a deep breath with Covid in the lungs. DH is hardly ever sick but when he is sick he is a real baby! Hopefully they will be home in a couple hours. Otherwise, I will have to drive down and stay at hospital if they will let me. Or smuggle him out.

As they were leaving DH said, "Let's take the truck and we can pick up the trailer on the way back, after we take the truck back to Galpin because the 'check engine' light keeps coming back on!" DS1 and I both yelled "No!" at the same time.

I have been considering if DH does not get better PDQ maybe I should flyback and rent a truck. But then I would have to pay beaucoup $$$ for excess luggage cost for suitcases full of tools! I have a better idea. DS1 and I will load tools and drive back without the trailer. We will get motel rooms. DS1 is strong, experienced at building, an expert at cutting moldings, and good at putting up fence. DH can stay home with cough medicine.

I haven't told DS1 this plan yet. :hide:lol::lol:

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
YES! IT IS TRUE! - Here I am hissy fitting!
:barnie:barnie:barnie:he:he:he:somad:somad:somad:rant:rant:rant

Angry with Covid for delaying our trip for a month already.

DH called the VA about his positive test. Told the nurse that he had pain when taking in a deep breath before coughing for 5 minutes. Nurse asked all questions relating to possible heart attack which were answered negative but since he has had Covid she is sending him to emergency room to check for blood clots. Apparently, they can be a side effect of Covid. We kept asking questions until she finally said, "You are wasting time - go immediately to emergency room!" I think she just wanted us to get off the phone. DH had been waiting 15 minutes to talk to her after being disconnected twice.

DS1 is driving DH to emergency room. He has strict instructions NOT to let him be admitted. They can give meds for blood clots, but I think it is just being unable to take in a deep breath with Covid in the lungs. DH is hardly ever sick but when he is sick he is a real baby! Hopefully they will be home in a couple hours. Otherwise, I will have to drive down and stay at hospital if they will let me. Or smuggle him out.

As they were leaving DH said, "Let's take the truck and we can pick up the trailer on the way back, after we take the truck back to Galpin because the 'check engine' light keeps coming back on!" DS1 and I both yelled "No!" at the same time.

I have been considering if DH does not get better PDQ maybe I should flyback and rent a truck. But then I would have to pay beaucoup $$$ for excess luggage cost for suitcases full of tools! I have a better idea. DS1 and I will load tools and drive back without the trailer. We will get motel rooms. DS1 is strong, experienced at building, an expert at cutting moldings, and good at putting up fence. DH can stay home with cough medicine.

I haven't told DS1 this plan yet. :hide:lol::lol:
We have been told to take an aspirin every day for 6 weeks during and after covid, to keep all blood clots away... you might consider this...

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I take several a day anyway for various aches and pains. Will start doing that with DH. Thanks.

I had a much milder case than he did. As soon as I started getting sick, I went to bed and stayed there for 2 weeks before getting up. Then would go back to bed in the afternoon for another week. I got better much faster than DH. DH was very sick for a few days then got up insisting he was fine. After a couple terrible coughing paroxysms, I forced him back to bed with Delsym PN cough syrup and aspirin. His fevers varied between 102.7 and 103.5 but when DDIL2 told him what they were he only heard 10..,5 and 10...7 degrees. DH is very hard of hearing! :lol: Put him to bed and he slept for 24-30 hours then woke up for a couple hours but too weak to get up. Went back to sleep with more Delsym PM for another 24-30 hours. Once he finished sleeping for several days he insisted on getting up to sit in the recliner because his back hurt. He couldn't get out of the recliner without help from DS1 and DS2. Then was so weak they had to help him walk. His cane wasn't enough, so I got the walker from the milk shed for him and he used it for several days. Doing better now but says he is getting a slight pain across his chest when he breathes deep. Then after breathing deep he coughs so bad it sounds like he might lose a lung! I told him last night that he should get up and walk around several times a day instead of sitting all day. Hopefully the ER will not find anything other than residuals from Covid. When he comes home i will put him on an aspirin regimen.

I guess we will get the trailer tomorrow.
EVEN MORE APPROPRIATE HISSY FITTIN'!!!
:he:he:he:barnie:barnie:barnie:somad:somad:somad

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I take several a day anyway for various aches and pains. Will start doing that with DH. Thanks.

I had a much milder case than he did. As soon as I started getting sick, I went to bed and stayed there for 2 weeks before getting up. Then would go back to bed in the afternoon for another week. I got better much faster than DH. DH was very sick for a few days then got up insisting he was fine. After a couple terrible coughing paroxysms, I forced him back to bed with Delsym PN cough syrup and aspirin. His fevers varied between 102.7 and 103.5 but when DDIL2 told him what they were he only heard 10..,5 and 10...7 degrees. DH is very hard of hearing! :lol: Put him to bed and he slept for 24-30 hours then woke up for a couple hours but too weak to get up. Went back to sleep with more Delsym PM for another 24-30 hours. Once he finished sleeping for several days he insisted on getting up to sit in the recliner because his back hurt. He couldn't get out of the recliner without help from DS1 and DS2. Then was so weak they had to help him walk. His cane wasn't enough, so I got the walker from the milk shed for him and he used it for several days. Doing better now but says he is getting a slight pain across his chest when he breathes deep. Then after breathing deep he coughs so bad it sounds like he might lose a lung! I told him last night that he should get up and walk around several times a day instead of sitting all day. Hopefully the ER will not find anything other than residuals from Covid. When he comes home i will put him on an aspirin regimen.

I guess we will get the trailer tomorrow.
EVEN MORE APPROPRIATE HISSY FITTIN'!!!

:he:he:he:barnie:barnie:barnie:somad:somad:somad
fyi, have you any mullen tea? I keep this on hand, it is amazing for cough, colds, congestion - I mix my own tea with chamomile and lemon/mint as well as elderberry and a few other herbs just for good measure - we both drank about 8 cups of hot tea each day, and I still pull out my tea in the morning if my lungs feel like they are having issues - it works wonders. you can order online, add a touch of honey too - praying you are all on the mend quickly.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
fyi, have you any mullen tea? I keep this on hand, it is amazing for cough, colds, congestion - I mix my own tea with chamomile and lemon/mint as well as elderberry and a few other herbs just for good measure - we both drank about 8 cups of hot tea each day, and I still pull out my tea in the morning if my lungs feel like they are having issues - it works wonders. you can order online, add a touch of honey too - praying you are all on the mend quickly.
Would you like some mullein plants? I’m going to dig and pot some before I move. They grow in a fence row not far from here. I have a few here on the farm, but I’m leaving them for the new farmers/owners! Your tea sounds interesting!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Ridgetop forget the trailer, just load truck. I have plenty of beds at new house. Or at least I will after this coming weekend! We will move my king, (2 extra long twins) adjustable bed with massage into the new remodeled former disaster carport bedroom this weekend. Y’all can sleep there. On that bed, y’all may never leave! DS has a queen bed, the other bedroom has a twin and a full, both with 10” foam Serta mattresses. No need for a hotel room or your trailer. You can go check on your farm, stay in hotel then, but no need to bring trailer. You can travel faster without trailer, thus cutting down on hissy fits.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Would you like some mullein plants? I’m going to dig and pot some before I move. They grow in a fence row not far from here. I have a few here on the farm, but I’m leaving them for the new farmers/owners! Your tea sounds interesting!
I have dozens of mullein plants myself - so I am set, and I harvest seeds each year too to keep a stach on hand

Latest posts