Baymule’s Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They said they were playing camouflage ninjas.
Looks to me like they need to be taken outside and hosed off!

It will be a cut in income for them, but $$$ isn't everything, although it is certainly SOMETHING!
Need to consider everything, not just income. Property taxes in TX are likely a LOT less than in So. Cal.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's sleeting, just started snowing. Going to be cold and miserable for the next week or so. Just what I DON'T need! Hey weather! I'm trying to move here!
I got most of my kitchen packed up yesterday, will finish that today.

My knees are giving me a fit, excruciating pain. That just really aggravates me, anything that slows me down or stops me aggravates me. I am so ready for knee surgery! It wasn't so bad when it was just one knee, now it's both. I don't have a good leg to stand on.

Still have lots of little stuff and tons of pictures. Pictures just don't seem to come in "box" sizes. I'm pushing to be out of here, but I have waaaaay too much stuff. No time to sort through it, just slam it in a box and worry about in the distant future when I move again into my new place, whenever and wherever that will be. This wonderful couple is coming in the morning to pack up everything we can, into their spacious cargo trailer and then on Saturday, go to Groveton and unload. Who does that? NOBODY! Especially during a winter storm, with freezing temperatures, (cold for US). Closing has been moved up to February 8.

Y'all jump on THE CRAZY TRAIN and hang on!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rained all night, got 2 1/2” of rain. It turned to sleet mixed with snow. It is patchy, but roads are icy. Currently 23F with a low of 22F tonight. Tomorrow night will be a low of 19F with a high of 34F. Saturday high of 44F with a low of 15F. Saturday will be sunny. Ice storm over much of Texas, airports are closed. Flights canceled.

Sheep don’t care. They have little ice cycles on their woolly layer of warmth.

93BE22C6-0C0F-468E-ADA6-90C46BB1312D.jpeg

Sheba rolled in the icy snow, she didn’t care either. Both sheep and dogs have deep bedded hay to snuggle down in.

EE204A02-7777-4A27-8AA8-3DB16DFB2EEE.jpeg

I packed boxes all day. I STIL have unpacked stuff!

Packing boxes is SO BORING!

ABF42F1A-E12A-40F2-B608-D5DADAE991A4.jpeg

What’s so great about that stupid box?

5271968C-318B-4AE3-A969-DB72B3231D09.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It will all work out. I was going to refinish the floors, they said I don’t have to. So I’ll happily leave the polyurethane and applicator pad, if they want to , great, if they don’t, it’s their house. I can take that time and make sooner trips, moving outside stuff. Next weekend I’m making arrangements to get the fuel tank on my flatbed, if DS can swing it (work) he can bring a trailer for my hay bales and four 40’ power poles. I’ve got to build holding pens for sheep and dogs. Probably not this coming week, maybe the following week. I’m not disturbed about the sooner closing date, without doing the floors, that will save me a week.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today is pack it up day! I still have packing to do, but the majority is done. I’m amazed by how much stuff is stuffed in here! The cold isn’t helping , it’s 22F with only a high of 35F. I know for some of you, that is a heat wave, but not for me!

The knees aren’t hurting this morning, but I’ll be abusing them soon. Suck it up buttercup. I’ll take a couple of Advil, which I practically never do, but today….. I’ll need them. We’ll pack today, go to Groveton tomorrow and unload and Sunday I rest-as much as I can.

Rosie, one of the ewes I’m giving to the new owners of the farm, is getting huge. She is so friendly and sweet, has beautiful conformation and will make them a real nice ewe. Poor thing is carrying a wide load! Granddaughter of Miranda, Rosie’s mom was a triplet. Rosie is so big, I’m calling her Dump Truck. Hoping she doesn’t lamb during this cold, she wouldn’t hurt my feelings if she waits another week or so.