Baymule’s Journal

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Feel so bad for you and for the dog @Blue Sky . Glad to hear the tongue is smaller and can understand your concern. It does sound like a snake bite for the very reasons you suggested. I admire your quick response and reaction which undoubtedly saved her life. I hope that she can drink soon so you know she is really on the road to complete recovery, but the stiffness/wooden tongue appearance may take a week to completely go away. Best of thoughts for her continued recovery.
She drank and ate this morning. What a relief. Still raspy breathing and tired but the tongue/swallow works. :weee

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Blue Sky I'm so glad she'd doing better!

The one ticket I really should have gotten and didn't was rushing my dog to vet when she ate a bunch of bees. I was doing 50 in 30 zone but still obeying the lights. I didn't even see him following me I was so worried about Umbra. Cop left me a warning and wish for dog to be okay on my car.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It wasn’t the jerk. That’s about all I know. Realtor said they are going to build a big house.

I picked up 3 registered ewes today. They are in a pen away from the other sheep. They are wary but not bounce off the wire crazy. They have hay, water and I fed them. They were interested in the feed, when I backed off they came up and ate. They are 1 year old, couple of weeks of separation and they belong to Ringo. 2 are white, 1 is brown.

B85F4524-FA7D-43DA-A804-121CC70840B7.jpeg

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
It wasn’t the jerk. That’s about all I know. Realtor said they are going to build a big house.

I picked up 3 registered ewes today. They are in a pen away from the other sheep. They are wary but not bounce off the wire crazy. They have hay, water and I fed them. They were interested in the feed, when I backed off they came up and ate. They are 1 year old, couple of weeks of separation and they belong to Ringo. 2 are white, 1 is brown.

View attachment 91562
They look nice.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Update on the survey or lack thereof:

The already scheduled survey at the 20th to 30th of June,completed, cost will be $3250.

The new surveyor bid to be completed June 14th, has come in at $10,000. And this was a group discount?

Sigh…….. guess I’ll be waiting until end of June.

Difference in cost, local surveyor has done surveys in that immediate area before and knows it well.

New surveyor from Tyler is not familiar with the area and wants to go back and re-survey the entire piece of property, over 100 acres, then carve out my 25 acres. Uhh….. Nope.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you have to wait. We are doing a hurry up and wait with road work. Also had septic checked (house inspector doesn’t do septic) yikes that tank needs pumping. (New place). Imma hoping we are done with surprises. Bet not though. I want to pass my own place along in the best possible shape. And I’m going to find a certain snake. I have a pretty good idea where to look.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry you have to wait. We are doing a hurry up and wait with road work. Also had septic checked (house inspector doesn’t do septic) yikes that tank needs pumping. (New place). Imma hoping we are done with surprises. Bet not though. I want to pass my own place along in the best possible shape. And I’m going to find a certain snake. I have a pretty good idea where to look.
Sorry to add to the freak out list... but an overfull septic can cause sediment to travel to the leach field and reduce it's life.

Depending on the kind of leach field ya have.