Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Inspectors have a longer list of what they DON'T inspect, then what they DO inspect. And I paid $475 for a touchy-feely happy report of pretty much nothingness. If you really want to find out what is right/wrong with a house, get an expert, in all the various trades associated with the housing industry--and nobody does that. It's just a paper for the lender to turn loose of the money and approve the loan. And the buyer may know something, but shuts up in order to get the loan so they can fix it later. Or if it is a glaring "wrong" then it may get written into the contract, so many days to fix it and the loan is approved. It's all a game.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Inspectors have a longer list of what they DON'T inspect, then what they DO inspect. And I paid $475 for a touchy-feely happy report of pretty much nothingness. If you really want to find out what is right/wrong with a house, get an expert, in all the various trades associated with the housing industry--and nobody does that. It's just a paper for the lender to turn loose of the money and approve the loan. And the buyer may know something, but shuts up in order to get the loan so they can fix it later. Or if it is a glaring "wrong" then it may get written into the contract, so many days to fix it and the loan is approved. It's all a game.
Sad but true...

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to add to the freak out list... but an overfull septic can cause sediment to travel to the leach field and reduce it's life.

Depending on the kind of leach field ya have.
Leach field may cut us a break. It’s in red sandy soil doesn’t appear in trouble now. We’ve fixed leach field issues before. Still don’t want them though.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Inspectors have a longer list of what they DON'T inspect, then what they DO inspect. And I paid $475 for a touchy-feely happy report of pretty much nothingness.
It's all robbery. I had to pay $660 for an appraisal on RAW land. 22 pages to prove it's not a toxic waste dump or next to one. :rolleyes:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Son found 7' and 6' T-posts 90 miles away of Facebook marketplace last night, for $4. He contacted him, got a reply and the guy said he'd be available after 8:00 this morning. So we hooked up the trailer and went to go get a bunch of them. Got down there, at the bottom of the ad, it was $4 for the 6' and $6 for the 7'. Son apologized for not scrolling past the pictures, but really it was an honest mistake. The guy thought they were a real bargain at $6 because they are $2-3 more at the big box store. We told him the chain of stores that we shop at has 7'T-posts for $6.99 and for a dollar more, we'd just go buy new ones. Plus if you buy in quantity, you get a 5% discount. In disbelief, he dialed the local store and asked what discount was on 75 or more 7' T-posts and we heard the lady say 15%. We told the guy we couldn't buy used T-posts for more than we could go buy brand new ones and left. That guy was not happy. I couldn't resist, I told him, "Looks like you shop at the wrong store."

15%!!! :ep We never heard of that chain of stores putting that kind of discount on T-posts, only 5%, so we went there. On the way, I called the same store chain in my area and was told 5%. No 15%. Heck yeah! Found the lady he called and she said 15%. Another cashier said plus you get the 5%, it comes up automatically. Our next words were, HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE? Then, WE'LL TAKE THEM! She rang them up, the 5% discount popped up, then she manually entered the 15% discount.

So 7' T-posts, green with the reflective top and 1.25 pounds per foot, came in at $5.64 each. :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee:weee:weee:weee

Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon!

I think I now have enough T-posts to fence, cross fence, garden trellis posts and decorate with them just because I like them so much. Son says I'll probably need more. Eh.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A popular tractor store "out here" in a small town close to Houston. Not saying the name, you figure it out. Now mind you, I called stores in Crockett and Lufkin and there is no 15% discount. There is a 5% discount on 400 or more. I've never heard of such a deep discount. I don't know what was going on--didn't ask! Son was prepared to argue in case she changed her mind, because that is what she said over the phone, but with a smile, she said there is a 15% on 200 or more. 200 is a bundle. Online website plainly states bulk price is 5% discount each on 400 or more. She applied both. :th

I have NO idea what was going on there, didn't care. I'm bumfuzzled over the whole thing. Son and I smiled, not believing our ears, I paid and we couldn't get outside and get them loaded up fast enough. I bought 600, 3 bundles. That sounds like a lot, if I have any left over, son has land in Houston County, they will get used. Termites don't eat them, cover them and they will stay brand new. I plan on putting in permanent rotational pastures, with a lane or lanes radiating outwards from the barn.

@Margali I looked up stores in your area, every one of them also states online website bulk price of 400 or more is a discount of 5% each. I did not call them. I only called the 2 stores here in my area. NO 15% DISCOUNT. At 5%, the price is $6.64 and THAT is a good price. I have no idea where that lady got her 15% from. But we durn sure made like a bread truck and hauled buns to get there and buy T-posts!

Even at $6.99 for a 7' T-post with a 5% discount on 400 or more, it is still the cheapest price I have found. The guy with the used 7' posts was going off Home Depot prices. He thought $6 for his used T-posts was a deal! Ummmm........ NOPE! He called the store to check us out, probably thought we were lying to get him to come down on his price and we heard what the lady said. Couldn't get there fast enough!

Latest posts