Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Problem putting up the front soffit. Whoever DS had working on the house before put up the fascia board on practically even with the rafter ends. So when Chris put up the soffit board, it looked like this.

03986FF2-523E-4831-876E-C0C31FB1FC7C.jpeg

The fascia board didn’t cover the edge of the soffit. The fascia board was put on with huge nails, in some places driven through the metal trim pieces as well. Taking it down would take several days and tear up the fascia and probably the metal trim too. The actual rafters are mostly above the fascia board, but some kind of support board (short piece) is not, so Chris is taking that off, cutting it and putting it back on. Where he has to, he’ll shave off some of the rafter. This is probably not a good description, but he’s making it work.

Yesterday was the first day in 3 1/2 weeks since I fell in the shipping container and jammed my good knee, that I haven’t taken any Advil. I limped around but made it until 1, then quit. Wasn’t anything I could do except get in the way at that point anyway. LOL

Not much I can do today to help Chris, so maybe I’ll start cleaning out the back room for demolition.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A 1x8 trim board covers the gap. The house was built correctly, it's just the "DIY remodelers" that screwed things up so bad. Then DS bought it and hired 2 different people to make the necessary corrections, and they screwed him over.

MOMMA'S COME TO TOWN!! KICKING A$$ AND TAKING NAMES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some friends came over a couple of days ago, he had been here before I got started on the house. He was amazed at the difference.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went to the Sheriff's breakfast this morning in Groveton. It's by donations only and the money goes to scholarships to trade schools for graduating seniors in Trinity County. At graduation a few weeks ago, 9 scholarships of $1,100 each were given out. I think that is pretty awesome that a sheriff cares that much about his county and the people in it. The food is donated and cooked by an electric construction company. I met some people and had a good time.

Then back home, to hitch up the stock trailer. It took me a few tries, but I finally got it hooked up.

I went to Alto, 50 miles away, to the Tractor Supply, for 10 rolls of sheep and goat wire. You have to buy 10 rolls to get the 5% discount. They only had 8 rolls, they tried to get the other 2 rolls from several different stores and they were out. So the manager said I could have the 5% discount anyway because they didn't have 10 rolls. So I asked if perhaps another store, like maybe Lufkin would have the wire, and if I bought the other 2 rolls there, would they give me the 5% discount? So the manager of the Alto store called the manager of the Lufkin store and he said yes, just show him the receipt from the Alto store. :yesss:

Now get this, the wire in Alto was priced at $349.99 per roll. It has gone up $100 since February of this year. It took a $90 hike, then a couple months ago, it went up another $10. I got to Lufkin and the wire was priced at $379.99 :ep That's another $30 jump in the price! :somad The manager gave me the 5% discount, then the cashier rang it up. I commented on the price difference and asked the manager if he would honor the Alto store price and he did! :celebrate:celebrate

I'm guessing that the Alto store had "old" stock (like maybe a couple of months old) and the Lufkin store had new stock-latest shipment.

@Blue Sky Maybe you ought to start calling around to the TSC's in your area to see who still has the $349.99 price! This is getting ridiculous!

When I got back from Alto, I dropped the trailer, had to back it between 2 other trailers, THAT took more than a few tries! Then to Lufkin for the Ladies 50's Club Lunch. A bunch of old ladies born in the 50's get together once a month and have lunch. I was a regular social butterfly today! Inbetween driving miles and miles for freakin' sheep and goat wire!! After the lunch, I went to TSC and got the 2 rolls, then to Lowes for a new storm door on DS's house, then to fill up truck. That store was having problems with credit cards and debit cards. It refused my cards. So I went to the bank and got cash. I went back, waving money, dancing a little jig and singing "I've got MONEY, can I buy diesel now??" That young girl burst out laughing, she was having a hard day. People were mad and being rude. No point in that, it wasn't her fault.

AND.......... BEST NEWS OF THE DAY........SURVEYORS WERE ON THE FARM TODAY!!!!
:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee:weee