Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
From the sheriff facebook

Trinity County Sheriff Woody Wallace is in Glendale, Texas.​

8h ·

Sunday June 26th, 2022 8:00 AM
The Glendale fire is 100% contained at this time and is continuing to be monitored. HWY 94 is open but travelers will experience smoke. If there are any negative changes we will update the public a quick as possible.
The Texas Forrest Service estimated 204 acres burned. Lightening is the suspected cause of the Glendale fire.
Thanks to all the area and surrounding area fire departments that responded quickly and got this fire under control.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I clicked on the link that showed up with the words Trinity County. So horrifying to see that fire. I've been thru two that affected me directly, and a total of three where I was a volunteer to help others. Terrifying and horrible. At least earthquakes are over in a matter of a min or even seconds.

Edited to add: it appears that county is on Nixle. If you, Bay, have a smart phone (which I think you do), sign up for the Nixle alerts on that county's Nixle site and so you'll get important, maybe life saving alerts to disasters for your area.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I clicked on the link that showed up with the words Trinity County. So horrifying to see that fire. I've been thru two that affected me directly, and a total of three where I was a volunteer to help others. Terrifying and horrible. At least earthquakes are over in a matter of a min or even seconds.

Edited to add: it appears that county is on Nixle. If you, Bay, have a smart phone (which I think you do), sign up for the Nixle alerts on that county's Nixle site and so you'll get important, maybe life saving alerts to disasters for your area.

What is Nixie? And scroll through Sheriff Woody Wallace’s posts. He puts everything online, busting a grow house, arrests, you name it. It’s on video. Some of his videos make roll, laughing. He has a dry humor. Methy 911 Call was hilarious.

Trinity county has just under 15,500 people in it. Sheriff has 40,000 followers. He doesn’t play politics, he does his job and then some. He has done fund raisers for sick children, and asking prayers for the children. He has a monthly Sheriff’s Breakfast, donations only, to raise money for trade school scholarships. He awarded 9 scholarships of $1100 each at graduation this year. If something is going on in his county, he is there. Not exactly a desk man.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nixle is an alert system, that towns/counties contract with to send out emergency announcements. You, a resident of a community that has engages Nixle, signs up free of charge to get those alerts on your smart phone. I believe it also works with a dial up phone, providing recorded messages.

I had Nixle, CalFire and a fire group on FB in Angels Camp CA. Both kept me up to date on the Butte Fire, as half of my town was evacuated and I was on level 2 alert.

I had Nixle and Ore Dept of Fire and a fire group on FB in Grants Pass OR where I was on level 2 alert for the Taylor Creek Fire.

Where I'm almost 90% moved to, this town doesn't have a contract with Nixle. Bad mistake....

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Loma Prieta Earthquake San Francisco Bay area in 1989. 6.9 magnitude. 63 people died. 15 seconds long. (left like a one min quake when I was in my office). Tons, literally, of destruction, even with our earthquake resistant infrastructure.

Had one here in Southern WA two weeks ago. Felt the floor rumble for about 4 seconds. No damage.

Doesn't play politics; does his job: Yes one of the good ones for sure!!