Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had Trip put down today. All I could get him to eat was half a piece of bread, one tiny piece at a time. He backed away from my offering of chicken, and I knew. Cancer was killing his insides, I watched him all weekend, sleeping, barely breathing sometimes, other times panting, almost gasping for air. He wasn’t going to get any better, he was dying.

I took him for his last ride in the truck. He was standing, then slowly sank down, resting his head on the armrest, watching me with adoring eyes.

C392868D-7CE6-46EB-95CC-D2AC04EC3979.jpeg

I cried all the way to the vet. At the vet’s I sat in the floor cradling his big head. The vet sedated him. Tears streamed down my face. I couldn’t hold it together. She gave him the drugs, his heart stopped and he was gone. Trip was 7 years old.

I called @Devonviolet and cried all the way home. She prayed a beautiful prayer.

I couldn’t let Trip suffer. My big white teddy bear didn’t understand, all he knew was that he was in pain and misery. I did the right thing, but why does it have to hurt so damned bad?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Only 7 years old? Why, Lord, do they only live such a short time? Its just not fair. Not fair at all. Sob....
Great Pyrenees life span is 10-12 years. Paris was 13, she had a good life. Trip, at 7, was too young to to be gone now. But cancer doesn’t care.

Latest posts