Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew! I’m back home! I pulled the 16’ stock trailer 476 miles today. I took highway 7 out of Crockett to I-45, to just below Dallas, cut over to I-20 on Highway 287. Took a bunch of twisty roads outside of Weatherford to my destination. Their barn was down a steep slope with loose gravel and a small space to get turned around. Uhhh… F250, heavy Diesel engine, 16’ trailer, I suck at doing all things trailer. Nope. Staying up here in the driveway! So he took his little truck and small trailer to the barn, we loaded up 2 ewes, he got a running start and made it to the top. He backed up to my trailer and the two ewes calmly walked into my trailer.

View attachment 92921

I started for home. My AC ran hot, no cold air! So I put windows down, turned radio up loud and blew it down the Interstate.

Got home, backed trailer up to the young ewes pen, ran extensions of 2 half hog panels to make a chute and they followed me into the pen.

View attachment 92922

Notice the aerobic sprayer? I did not back over it. It is unharmed and still works! Neither did I hit the cow panel pen. I might be getting better at this backing up.

This is BTX 19-01 their first lamb. She is 3 years old.

View attachment 92923

This is BTX 22-36 she is 4 1/2 months old

View attachment 92924

Neither one was interested in posing for a photo shoot. Hot, tired, their hair was messed up and wind blown, supper was served and that’s all they cared about.

Dogs had to do the meet and greet.

View attachment 92925

I left at 6:30, got back at 5. That’s the farthest I’ve taken the trailer. Kinda proud of myself.
:yesss:
:celebrate:weee:highfive:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
A year ago, it would have been me and BJ. Now it’s me. We were a team, drawing off each other’s strengths. He was perfection with a trailer. Why would I mess with that? I’m gaining confidence and getting better with the trailer. Today was a big deal for me.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A year ago, it would have been me and BJ. Now it’s me. We were a team, drawing off each other’s strengths. He was perfection with a trailer. Why would I mess with that? I’m gaining confidence and getting better with the trailer. Today was a big deal for me.
It is a true art... to be able to move a trailer about.

Very impressive work!!! :clap

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is that??

It goes to the septic system. It is a home version of a small treatment plant. The old passive systems are being phased out. A good bacterial system and chlorine tablets for the final treatment before clean water is sprayed out. There is no smell unless someone isn’t found their system right.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the red ewe and her half white tail! The white ewe is young so will fill out eventually.

Congrats on your trailer performance! Not backing down that driveway was a wise move at this point in your trailer driving skills. Steep gravel drives require 4WD and some extra experience so you don't freak out as the wheels churn in the gravel and you start to slide backwards. You will get there! :bow:love:clap

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Steep gravel drives require 4WD and some extra experience so you don't freak out as the wheels churn in the gravel and you start to slide backwards. You will get there! :bow:love:clap
I've been to BTX farm, that driveway is Olympic skill level. I don't know HOW they manage a vehicle on that hill. It is about a 60 degree slope with gravel over loose ridges of rock. Judy (property owner) about wiped out walking down to show us the sheep.

BrahmerQueen

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Whew! I’m back home! I pulled the 16’ stock trailer 476 miles today. I took highway 7 out of Crockett to I-45, to just below Dallas, cut over to I-20 on Highway 287. Took a bunch of twisty roads outside of Weatherford to my destination. Their barn was down a steep slope with loose gravel and a small space to get turned around. Uhhh… F250, heavy Diesel engine, 16’ trailer, I suck at doing all things trailer. Nope. Staying up here in the driveway! So he took his little truck and small trailer to the barn, we loaded up 2 ewes, he got a running start and made it to the top. He backed up to my trailer and the two ewes calmly walked into my trailer.

View attachment 92921

I started for home. My AC ran hot, no cold air! So I put windows down, turned radio up loud and blew it down the Interstate.

Got home, backed trailer up to the young ewes pen, ran extensions of 2 half hog panels to make a chute and they followed me into the pen.

View attachment 92922

Notice the aerobic sprayer? I did not back over it. It is unharmed and still works! Neither did I hit the cow panel pen. I might be getting better at this backing up.

This is BTX 19-01 their first lamb. She is 3 years old.

View attachment 92923

This is BTX 22-36 she is 4 1/2 months old

View attachment 92924

Neither one was interested in posing for a photo shoot. Hot, tired, their hair was messed up and wind blown, supper was served and that’s all they cared about.

Dogs had to do the meet and greet.

View attachment 92925

I left at 6:30, got back at 5. That’s the farthest I’ve taken the trailer. Kinda proud of myself.
Wow great job with that trailer! The ewes sound very friendly!

Latest posts