Baymule’s Journal

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
The little girls, granddaughters age almost 6 and 7, love purple. I don’t. But I’m Mamaw and Mamaw’s do crazy things.
So true. This Mamaw (Pau Pau) dyed DGS2's hair purple for him for a trip to Magic Mountain. DD1 was horrified that I would go and get the spray color and do it. She said I would never have done that when I was just a mother. I agreed but said that grandmothers follow their own rules.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
The little girls, granddaughters age almost 6 and 7, love purple. I don’t.
DD1 picked that color for her room 25 years ago. Looked ok on the chip. Didn't get a whole lot on the wall before it showed its true colors. Went back and chose a lighter shade (whether she wanted to or not).

DD1 was horrified that I would go and get the spray color and do it. She said I would never have done that when I was just a mother. I agreed but said that grandmothers follow their own rules.
Personal opinion for this instance (not asked for):
Not without checking with the parents first.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wash out color spray. His hair is jet black and I had to use 3 coats to get even a suggestion of purple in the daylight. Mom agreed as long as it washed out for Picture Day. Moms make rules, grandmas can break them for certain things.

20+ years ago when DS3 was in Jr. High the rage was for surfer hair. This was a longish crew cut which was bleached on top to look like sun bleached hair. DS3 had earned enough money to go to the hair salon but I refused to take him. Finally, after continual pleading, whining, etc. his dad gave permission. I would not allow him to spend his $30 and did it for him myself. Entire family watched the process while DS3 wailed that I would ruin his hair and he could never go to school again! Kept telling him to wait till I was finished. After the crew cut, DS3 said it was perfect. He was happy, it grew out later, and he saved his $30 (less the $5 for the hair dye). He was "cool" or whatever word was fashionable at the time. DS3's hair is a light brown turning blond in the summer. Occasionally Grandmothers need to be cool for their grandchildren since they were never cool when bringing up their own children. LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love that big kitchen window, @Baymule ! What view do you look out at from there?
I took pictures yesterday!

The kitchen/dining “view”. Not much to look at. The tree line at the left is the property line.

A1CC7A71-584C-4F5F-956A-49F26E0E7B84.jpeg

Sitting on the back porch, pan to the right of that lovely kitchen view. This is the back field.

25AE4735-79A1-4C34-8C22-4C8320282FFF.jpeg

Moving to the right.

2861CD97-F643-4DF5-B348-A2B78A32D052.jpeg

This is the field I’ll use for the sheep. I’m going to put up cow panel pens so I can just hobble across the driveway to feed and water them. View is from the back porch.

E2EB2045-5E19-449A-8409-483C32DD603A.jpeg

View from the front porch. Tree line in the distance is the front by the road.

0C598474-370F-4577-8AB0-ACF83FA25B9E.jpeg

On the front porch, to the right, property line.

14709ED9-2DDD-49C9-8E34-C0987266D317.jpeg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I will eventually tear those down. Can’t stand up in them. I don’t like stooping over.
Ok.... standing is nice! :lol:

But you could put new ones in the same general area.

Even better... make the run come up to the kitchen window.

I have ALWAYS wanted a kitchen window that opened to the chicken run.

That way, open the window, toss out scraps. Tada!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have ALWAYS wanted a kitchen window that opened to the chicken run.

That way, open the window, toss out scraps. Tada!
If I had that I'd have nearly 2 dozen chickens looking in the window begging for food all day long!!!

I do open the kitchen window to toss out trash and recycles, the bins are just below in the enclosed porch, very convenient :D