Baymule’s Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was this a shorter than expected job for DS? Thought he was going to be there for awhile longer? Oh well, maybe good so that you can get more moved than you thought... settled in better at your own place for awhile and he can maybe get some things moved from his place to there also... and maybe something closer or better will come up for him...

Hate to wish for dry weather for you... of course now that you are ready to move stuff it will want to rain some.... Murphy's law and all that... Maybe you needed to be moving stuff sooner so it would have rained sooner:th:lol::hide:hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been a busy week. I totally crashed Tuesday. Peggy, Bennet and I finished the last little run of wire on the side of the house. I went to sons house, crawled in my recliner and went to sleep. Slept all afternoon, took another nap and went to bed early.

Spending first night in my house at the farm. Still have lots of stuff at sons house, but most of the big stuff is here.

We will move sheep and dogs tomorrow morning.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
First Sunrise on the front porch on a foggy morning.

95348DC3-F9C2-44C9-A678-C92F0A520D93.jpeg

13688165-7128-45CF-A3A1-85525EE4652C.jpeg

514C30FB-D464-46D2-B90C-BA09A77A24FC.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Son and I moved sheep. First we loaded the young ewes. That was fun! Not! Son backed up trailer to their pen. We opened trailer gate, opened their gate and filled the gap with half a hog panel. They scattered like quail. We wound up trapping them in the cow panel square where the round bale goes. Then son picked them up, one by one and carried them to the trailer. I opened the middle gate and he set them down and gave them a little push.

I wanted to put Ringo with that big beautiful brown ewe, Number One, so we loaded them in the back half of the trailer.

How to load Ringo……. Put pan of feed in trailer, shake can, pour feed in pan. Now Ringo’s mind is off romancing Number One, it is riveted on the feed pan. Ringo hopped right up in the trailer. We used half hog panels to squeeze Number One until she had nowhere else to go but in the trailer. I lifted one foot, hmmm….. what’s Ringo eating? And she got in the trailer.

We loaded 2 of those Quonset type huts on son’s trailer, I put Carson in the back seat of my truck and off we went.

We put huts in the ewes pen first, then unloaded Ringo and Number One in their pen. Backed up to ewes pen and unloaded the young girls.

We were dripping sweat, needed a cold drink or 2 or 3 and to sit down inside and cool off.

I hated to, but closed Carson up in a small chain link kennel. Then we went back for the big ewes.

Son backed up trailer, I opened the gate between the pens and they ran through. A couple jumped in the trailer, looked around and jumped back out. I got the secret weapon——FEED!!!! I went in the side gate with a pan, poured feed, called SHEEP! SHEEP! SHEEP! And rattled the can. I backed out the side gate and all but 2 ewes ran in to gobble up the feed. I shut the middle gate. We squeezed those two until they hopped in with me pushing just a little. I opened the middle gate and slid out a tiny crack in the back gate.

Son turned truck around, headed out and backed his truck and trailer up to load the other Quonset style hut. I snapped leashes on Sentry and Sheba, two VERY WORRIED DOGS! They had watched all the proceedings and were upset, concerned and probably thinking they were going to be left behind. I opened the back door to my truck and Sentry jumped in. Sheba thought about it, I coaxed her and she jumped in too. Off to the farm!

When we got there, son tol