Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Site wouldn’t let me post awhile ago. Part of my post was saved, let’s see if I can post the rest.

When we got there, son told me he would unload the ewes and I could take Sentry and Sheba walking to show them their new home.

762258D7-3B08-4C3F-A376-C69D7EFFEFD1.jpeg

We walked the fence line, they found the pond. I think they will enjoy the pond, but right now it’s new to them.

07E78A0C-1AC8-49D9-969A-0D0B1D70377E.jpeg

We went all the way around the pasture. They were excited, sniffing, stopping to pee, wagging tails. Then back to the sheep. I kept telling them, we are HOME! They know what HOME means. That’s what I tell them when I put them in the night pen with the sheep.

0406AAA8-6150-49FF-A443-670D4D0B4A87.jpeg

Since I couldn’t post, I went back outside and we went walking again. Another trip around the pasture, they were happy. I put them in the pen and stayed with them awhile.

I’ve walked around with Carson, I fed him in the house and let him stay in for a good while. I don’t have a yard up for him yet and there’s too many big dog holes under gates and various places. I put him in the kennel for the night.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty picture with the fog and early morning sun. It has really greened up from that little bit of rain you got. The dogs will all relax a bit once they see you settling in. And since they were so worried...you took their sheep away.... and then got their sheep back, they ought to settle in.
So glad that you are at "mostly there... with the all important animals there... the rest will come as you are ready for it.
Will your DS be there for a bit? Through the surgery now? He can work at moving the bigger stuff... or getting the chicken coops down, or cutting up that big tree.... Or maybe planting some new trees nearer so that they will make some shade in a few years????

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan Son has job interview in Houston tomorrow. He’ll also make the rounds putting in applications. He’ll go back to work as soon as he can. It’s always nice when a job ends and he has some time off, like now, but it’s not anything that I count on. I just take it as a nice surprise. I scored 10 round bales a few days ago, he went and got them. He was a huge help yesterday and today.

Yes, farm happened! I’m home. Dogs are home. Sheep have more grass than they can eat. There was grass in their pens, they grazed it all afternoon. I’ll turn the ewes out tomorrow. I put out baking soda, they ate most of it. I’ll offer more in the morning before I turn them out.

I’m in bed, got massage rolling, for the past hour and a half. Gonna be lights out now!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wide awake at 3:53 AM. Dogs barked a lot, mostly Sheba. Carson never barked, Sentry barked a little. Whatever boogers we’re out there, real or imaginary, stayed away. LOL

DD and family are coming for the weekend. I have one working toilet and no hot water. The hallway bathroom needs to be taped, floated, sprayed with Kilz, textured and painted. Guess what ain’t happening before the weekend? Should get interesting.

Hot water heater won’t stay lit. I’ll call Peggy this morning, maybe there’s some magic fairy dust they sprinkle on it. Maybe it decided to die. Who knows? Took real quick cold shower last night.

No sofa to sit on, only 2 recliners. Guess I’ll buy the sleeper sofa I looked at a week or so back. Was planning on it anyway.

Chris is taking down the sheep and goat wire at sons house that we put up there, this morning. No point in cutting short pieces off a roll when I already have them. Stuff is too darned expensive for that. Then we’ll put up a yard fence for Carson and get him out of that little kennel. And DD’s little dogs will have a safe place unless the moron little wiener dog digs out. Oh well.

Kitchen looks like an explosion in a box factory. For a mobile home, there’s lots of cabinets, but with narrow doors and laid out stupid. Who designs these things anyway?

Direct TV guy is coming today. At least I’ll have entertainment for kids. I have 2 charging cords for phone-both at sons house. Oops. But I can plug phone up on the charger in the truck.

I found the box with coffee mugs. Of course they are on the bottom with stuff on top, but I dug one out.

Still need to put rest of T-post clips on the fence at side of house.

Gee, so many things to do-all screaming NOW! What to do first? Get another cup of coffee, heat up leftover Mexican food for breakfast, go plug in phone in the truck and wait on daylight.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wide awake at 3:53 AM. Dogs barked a lot, mostly Sheba. Carson never barked, Sentry barked a little. Whatever boogers we’re out there, real or imaginary, stayed away. LOL

DD and family are coming for the weekend. I have one working toilet and no hot water. The hallway bathroom needs to be taped, floated, sprayed with Kilz, textured and painted. Guess what ain’t happening before the weekend? Should get interesting.

Hot water heater won’t stay lit. I’ll call Peggy this morning, maybe there’s some magic fairy dust they sprinkle on it. Maybe it decided to die. Who knows? Took real quick cold shower last night.

No sofa to sit on, only 2 recliners. Guess I’ll buy the sleeper sofa I looked at a week or so back. Was planning on it anyway.

Chris is taking down the sheep and goat wire at sons house that we put up there, this morning. No point in cutting short pieces off a roll when I already have them. Stuff is too darned expensive for that. Then we’ll put up a yard fence for Carson and get him out of that little kennel. And DD’s little dogs will have a safe place unless the moron little wiener dog digs out. Oh well.

Kitchen looks like an explosion in a box factory. For a mobile home, there’s lots of cabinets, but with narrow doors and laid out stupid. Who designs these things anyway?

Direct TV guy is coming today. At least I’ll have entertainment for kids. I have 2 charging cords for phone-both at sons house. Oops. But I can plug phone up on the charger in the truck.

I found the box with coffee mugs. Of course they are on the bottom with stuff on top, but I dug one out.

Still need to put rest of T-post clips on the fence at side of house.

Gee, so many things to do-all screaming NOW! What to do first? Get another cup of coffee, heat up leftover Mexican food for breakfast, go plug in phone in the truck and wait on daylight.
:th :idunno:gig:hit

Make a list... and at least you can pick and choose the order...
Yep, coffee first.... plug in phone. Breakfast....
Hot water......next... and you have to be there for the Direct TV guy so you can unpack some stuff in the kitchen????
I guess DD is coming because it is the holiday weekend so an extra day for the kids too???? Not very convenient I know... do you have enough beds???
Is son's trailer there? Maybe someone can bunk out there????

Make a trip out after the Direct TV guy and all to see about sofa? Or it can wait til tomorrow... You will need DS to help unload I am sure... they are just too awkward... unless there is delivery service?

I have a list that I am constantly adding to and crossing off ; as the mood strikes me for the things that are not "first priority" like raking the hay today.....

I need some breakfast too, this morning.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve walked pasture with Sentry and Sheba off leash. They are having a blast. Let the ewes out, they graze awhile, take off running. Stop, graze some more. One ewe is limping, front foot. Might have hurt herself in the trailer, I’ll check her this evening. She sure can run with the others! Ewes haven’t ventured too far from the pen, they have so much grass!

Ringo has bred BTX 1901 twice that I’ve seen. She is that big red ewe, they are in a pen together. He’s been besotted with her, love at first sight! FINALLY! She is HIS!!!